Call Indo-Dutch Joint Research Programme for ICT is open for submission
The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY), The Netherlands Organisation for Scientific Research (NWO) and the NWO Taskforce for Applied Research (SIA) invite researchers in India and the Netherlands together with industrial and societal partners to participate in the Indo-Dutch Joint Research Programme for ICT. MeitY, NWO and SIA together have made a budgetary support of € 2.15 million available for this call.
The aim of this collaboration is working towards practical and innovative solutions. At the same time, the research questions can be driven by fundamental and/or applied scientific approach. The research topics are: Internet of Things and Big Data.
Aim Research Programme
The aim of the Indo-Dutch Joint Research Programme is to accelerate innovation in science and technology in India as well as in The Netherlands through:
- Fostering excellence in research projects and at the same time enhancing the research quality in India and The Netherlands. The research is precompetitive and can be of a more fundamental or a more applied nature, depending on the needs of the project partners;
- Strengthening interaction and scientific cooperation between the research institutes in India and The Netherlands and industrial partners, including SME’s, and/or societal organizations;
- Promoting the development and deployment of innovative research (techniques and results) to be used in industry, including SME’s, and/or societal organizations.
NWO and SIA actively seek contact with international initiatives to bring together the best research groups and create the best research context in the domain of Internet of Things and Big Data.
MeitY promotes Research & Development in the areas of Electronics and Information Technology. It has international - bilateral and multilateral - agreements to facilitate collaborative research & innovation amongst research institutions, academia and industry. R&D in the CC&BT group of MeitY promotes Research & Development in the areas Convergence, Communications and Broadband technologies. The research areas identified for the call for joint research proposals are Internet of Things and Big Data.
When can be applied
More information about the programme and the conditions can be found on the websites of NWO, MeitY and SIA. Full Proposals for research grants must be received on March 6th, 2018, 14:00 (CET)/18:30 hours (IST).
Information meeting in Utrecht at 14 December 2017
NWO and SIA organize an information meeting about the call at NWO Utrecht (Van Vollenhovenlaan 659-661, Utrecht) on December 14th, 2017 from 10:00 – 11:30. The call will be presented and there will be ample time for answering questions. Interested? Send an e-mail to indodutch[at]nwo[dot]nl.
For more information, Please contact: Netherlands: NWO - Astrid Zuurbier, e-mail: indodutch[at]nwo[dot]nl and SIA Arjan Koeslag, e-mail: arjankoeslag[at]regieorgaan-sia[dot]nl
India: MeitY - Ms. Sangita Arora, e-mail: sarora[at]meity[dot]gov[dot]in.
- Indo Dutch joint Research progrmme for ICT- Call for Proposals- 2017742.73 KB
- Indo- Dutch joint Research programme in ICT-Application form230.5 KB
- Indo- Dutch joint Research programme in ICT-Format letter for Commitment53 KB
- Indo- Dutch joint Research programme in ICT-Calculation aid
Applicable for MeitY funding:
Please check the funding guidelines under the following link: