- India-Armenia Centre of Excellence in IT was setup by India for teaching information technology at Yerevan, Armenia. C-DAC was the implementing agency from the Indian side.
- The Armenia Government provided physical infrastructure for the project like land, building, electricity, water etc. and the requisite manpower.
- The technical infrastructure, course curricula, training of trainers was provided by the Indian side.
- The delivery, installation and commissioning of the IT infrastructure in Tavush Region of Armenia has been successfully completed.
- This Centre was made operational in November 2011 in Yerevan State University, which has been running successfully by Enterprise Incubator foundation (EIF) since 2011 by providing IT training, HPC research & education, exchange of experts and e-Learning.
- CDAC has signed an Agreement with Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) on July 30th 2013 for setting up of Telemedicine Network in Armenia. As per the agreement, CDAC has to design, develop, deliver and commission the turnkey solution for setting up of Telemedicine Network in Armenia in the agreed time frame.
- The delivery & installation of the IT infrastructure, Audio Video Equipment’s & Medical Diagnostic Equipment was completed in Dec 2014 and its installation and commissioning on March 27, 2015. The network is running successfully on CDAC’s Telemedicine Software (e-Sanjeevani), which is deployed at a Central Hospital in Yerevan and 11 Hospitals in different provinces across Armenia. E-Sanjeevani is also integrated with supplied IT Infrastructure, Video Conferencing Equipment & Medical Diagnostic Equipment to make the network operational for Armenian Doctors for tele-consultation.
- An agreement between MEA & CDAC signed on Sep 8, 2011 for acting as ‘Project Manager cum Consultant’ for setting up of computer labs in 72 schools under Tavush Region of Armenia. One of the elements in the proposed project was to create/ upgrade IT education facilities and in that context the Fund had identified 19 schools in urban and semi-urban areas and 53 schools in rural areas of Tavush region of Armenia for the purpose of establishing computer labs. The project was completed on Nov 09, 2012.
- An agreement between MEA & CDAC signed on Dec 15, 2010 with respect to development of IT facility for Census in Armenia at Yerevan. The delivery and installation of IT hardware/ software has been successfully completed on October 12, 2011 and the site is operational.
- MEA & CDAC signed Agreement for setting up of Computer Laboratories in 50 schools under Vayots Dzor region of Armenia on Aug 22, 2014. CDAC is acting as Project Manager cum Consultant on be-half of MEA & HAAF as Implementing Agency on behalf of Armenia.
- Hon’ble MOS(C&IT) led a high level delegation to participate in CeBIT2012 at Sydney on 22-24 May 2012. About 54 Indian companies participated in CeBIT exhibition and conference. This was a great opportunity to showcase the strength of India in the IT sector in Australia and to all the other participating countries and patrons at the event.
- India’s participation as Partner Country in CeBIT Australia 2012 reflected global recognition of the growth in Indian IT and IT enabled services. 1200 business queries were received and estimated Rs. 25 crore orders have been made on the site.
- A seminar to showcase Indian IT & Electronic Hardware opportunities was also organized.
- A Framework for operational collaboration on Cyber Security between CERT-In and CERT Austral was signed on August 24, 2015 through Diplomatic channel.
- In November 2012, Hon’ble MCIT visited to Azerbaijan to attend the7th meeting of the Internet Governance Forum (IGF).During this visit, a bilateral meeting between Hon’ble MCIT and Azeri ICT Minister was held and, it was agreed to constitute a Joint Working Group between both countries for furtherance of bilateral cooperation in ICT. Subsequently a JWG has been constituted in May 2013.
- The 1st session of the JWG meeting on ICT was held on November 8, 2016 though Vedio conferencing.
- The 1st Session of India-Azerbaijan JWG on cooperation in the field of ICT was held on November 8, 2016 though Digital Video Conferring (DVC). The Meeting was co-chaired by Senior Director & Group Coordinator (R&D), MeitY, from the Indian side and Deputy Minister, Ministry of Communications and High Technologies, from the Azerbaijan side.
- During the Working Group meeting, both sides discussed the issues of Industry-to-Industry Cooperation, ICT applications for Outreach, Training and Exchange of Specialists in the area of ICT, R&D and Innovation cooperation in the area of Strategic and Microelectronics e-Governance and m-Governance and Tech-Park cooperation.
- A MoU was signed between MeitY, India and ICTD, Bangladesh on cooperation in the field of Information Technology and Electronics on April 8, 2017 during the VVIP visit from Bangladesh (7th – 10th April, 2017) to India, for strengthening cooperation in the areas of e-Governance, m-Governance, e-Public Services Delivery, Cyber Security, Software Technology Park, start-ups etc. The MoU was signed by Foreign Secretary from Indian side and Secretary-in Charge, Information and Communication Technology Division from Bangladesh side.
- A MoU was signed between CERT-In, MeitY and Bagladesh Government Computer Incident Response Team (BGD e-Gov CIRT) Bangladesh on cooperation in the field of Cyber Security on 8th April, 2017. The MoU was signed by Foreign Secretary from Indian side and Secretary-in Charge, Information and Communication Technology Division from Bangladesh side.
- MeitY has facilitated the visit of a group of 24 officers from different Ministries of Bangladesh to Bangalore for study tour purpose which was organized by National Academy for Planning and Development (NAPD) of Bangladesh during 28th November to 1st December 2016. The delegation visited CDAC in Bangalore, and STPI. The visit to STPI provided an opportunity for the Bangladesh Delegation to visit BengaluruITE.Biz event which was co-hosted by STPI.
- India-Belarus Digital Learning Centre (DLC-ICT) was setup by India to promote development of ICT in Belarus.
- The Belarus Government has provided physical infrastructure for the project like land, building, electricity, water etc. and the requisite manpower, whereas, the technical infrastructure, course curricula, training of trainers were provided by the Indian side.
- DLC-ICT is connected to 4 Regional Centres in Belarus through lease lines and has been imparting advance IT education through e-learning.
- On behalf of Govt. of India, C-DAC was the implementing agency from the Indian side. The Centre was inaugurated in January 2012. More than 1200 students have already been trained so far from the centre.
- An MoU between CDAC and the United Institution of Informatics Problem (UIIP) of the National Academic of Belarus in ICT sector was signed on 14 November 2012 during the visit of Prime Minister of Belarus to India. The objective of the MOU is to cooperate in the field of ICT and willing to strengthen research & development in the area of mutual interest in India & Belarus.
- Hon'ble Minister of E&IT and L&J had a meaningful discussion with the delegation led by H.E. Mr. Alexander De Croo, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for Development Cooperation, Digital Agenda and Telco of Belgium on areas of mutual interest on 7th February 2017 in New Delhi. Digital India and Digital Belgium affirmed their commitment to work together for digital empowerment of people. Belgium side has mentioned about the delay from their side to conclude the MOU in IT&E. Both the Ministers also expressed commitment to work together to prevent misuse of internet for terrorism and hate. The meeting was also attended by Secretary, MeitY and Joint Secretary (ICD).
- A 10 member delegation from Bhutan visited MeitY in November 2015 to exchange knowledge on the Indian Government experience in e-Gov. and m-Gov and had interaction with key e-Government project.
- During the vist of Hon’ble PM to Bhutan in June, 2014, e-library project was announced. Under e-Library Bhutan project, India has established e-Library setups at 49 Schools and 12 Colleges across Bhutan for accessing of e-contents from a central repository in online and offline mode. The central repository is established at Thimphu Tech Park for online access of e-contents on own devices by all citizens of Bhutan. An e-Library studio has been setup at Thimphu for creation of e-contents.
- VII BRICS Summit was held in Ufa, Russia in which all BRICS leaders has emphasized the importance of ICT as a key tool for social and economic development.
- As a follow up of Ufa action plan, the 1st BRICS Telecommunications Ministers Meeting was held on October 22-23, 2015 in Moscow.
- This meeting was organised to strengthen cooperation and promote joint activities and initiatives to address common concerns in the field of ICT in BRICS member countries.
- The Indian delegation led by Secretary, MeitY has participated on behalf of Hon’ble MCIT.
- An MoU on ICT and Electronics sector has been signed in November 2012.
- 1st JWG meeting was held in February 2013 at New Delhi. Consequent to this JWG meeting, the co-chairs have interacted over tele-conferences in July 2013 and in November 2013.
- An India-Canada bilateral meeting on ICTE was held on 6th December 2013 in New Delhi. The bilateral meeting was mainly spread over five areas- B2B cooperation, Investment & Innovation, e-Government, Cyber security, and R&D collaboration. During the meeting the progress of the Working Group, which provided for a platform for interaction to the companies/institutes from both sides, was reviewed. Canada and Indian representatives made presentations at each session on the ICTE sector.
- To take forward the India-Canada cooperation in ICTE sector, an official cum business delegation from India visited Canada to attend the 2nd JWG meeting in ICTE with Canada, meeting with and sideline meetings/engagementsduring 12 to 15 November 2014 in Canada.
- A meeting between the Co-chairs of the ICTE JWG was held on 9 February 2015 in MeitY. The discussions mainly held on the workplan document of the JWG meeting held in November 2014 and finalize it. Also presentation made on Digital India and Make in India initiative.
- A meeting was held between Dr. Debashis Dutta, Group Coordinator, MeitY and Canadian delegation led by Mr. Eric Dagenais, the Assistant Deputy Minister of Spectrum, Information Technology and Telecommunications. The purpose of the meeting was for an intercessional discussion under the India-Canada ICTE Working Group. The delegation comprising of about 20 companies, both start ups and mature, cover areas of e-Gov, cloud computing, M2M/IoT, big data, 4G/LTE technologies and cyber/mobile security. The delegation also included members from the Canada ICT Working Group. The meeting was spread over on progress made after the last JWG meeting and follow up actions on Workplan – 2015. Which include discussion on Mobility issues, Cyber security and a session on investment, innovation and incubation in ICT sector. The Indian start ups companies and representatives from Innovation hubs also participated during the meeting. The meeting concluded with matchmaking Indian and Canadian start ups companies.
- An MoU on cooperation in the field of Cyber Security was signed in March 2015 between CERT-In and Public Safety Canada.
- A meeting between Hon'ble ME&IT and Mr. Navdeep Bains, Minister of innovation, Science and Economic Development, Government of Canada was held on 7th November, 2016 in Electronics Niketan. The Canadian Minister thanked Hon’ble ME&IT for the invitation and also praised India’s high growth rate, Digital inclusions, innovation and fiber connectivity initiatives. Hon’ble ME&IT talked about Digital India, Make-In -India to the Canadian Minister. Both the Ministers emphasized to work together in digital economy, social innovation, e-Health, language technologies, etc.
- An MoU between the MCIT and Ministry of Industry and Information Technology of the People’s Republic of China has been signed in March 2014. The major objective of the MoU is to further trade cooperation with China in IT-ITES sector.
- The 1st Session of the India-China Joint Working Group on ICT was held in New Delhi on December 15, 2014. In the said meeting India's various initiatives and achievements in ICTE sector were highlighted. The detailed presentations by the Indian side in regard to the IT-ITES industries, Digital India, Capacity building and HRD incentives by Government of India for promoting investment in Digital India, Make in India and Smart City to the visiting delegation. Consequently, the Chinese side has also presented details of their initiative in regard to Electronics and Information Technology industry, China’s Informatization, Capability Building and HR Development etc.
- 3rd Strategic Economic Dialogue (SED) under the Chairmanship of Hon’ble Deputy Chairman, Planning Commission, was held in Beijing during March, 2014. MeitY was part of thie delegation.
- A MeitY delegation led by Ministry of Commerce visited China in May 2014 to participate in the International Fair for Trade in Services (CIFTIS) and SOFT China. The Indian side also organised and participated in Regulatory Workshop on Certification and Licencing requirement and roundtable meeting of Chinese State Owned Enterprises (SOEs) to provide an opportunity to our industries to understand in depty the issues, especially regulatory issues and market potential in SOEs.
- Under the framework of India-China Strategic Economic Dialogue, the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology of India and National Development and Reform Commission of China held the meeting of High-Tech Working Group on 6th Oct, 2016, in New Delhi, India.
- In the Working Group meeting, both sides reviewed the progress made on cooperation in ICT sector. Both sides expressed satisfaction on the progress made since the 3rd SED held in Beijing. During this meeting, around 40 enterprises, nearly 100 government officials, senior officials from various industry organizations, companies and experts exchanged views about the cooperation on High-Tech area in an informal and intense discussion.
- In addition, an Action Plan on “Digital India” and “Internet Plus” between two sides was signed on October 7, 2016.
- Under the framework of India-China Strategic Economic Dialogue, MeitY and National Development and Reform Commission of China held the meeting of High-Tech Working Group on 6th Oct, 2016, in New Delhi. In the Working Group meeting, both sides reviewed the progress made on cooperation in ICT sector. Both sides expressed satisfaction on the progress made since the 3rd SED held in Beijing. During this meeting, around 40 enterprises, nearly 100 government officials, senior officials from various industry organizations, companies and experts exchanged views about the cooperation on High-Tech area in an informal and intense discussion. In addition, an Action Plan on “Digital India” and “Internet Plus” between two sides was signed on October 7, 2016.
- Under the framework of India-China Joint Working Group (JWG) on High Tech, the MeitY and National Development and Reform Commission (NDRC) of China held the Sub-Group meeting on February 10, 2017, through Digital Video Conferencing (DVC). In the Sub Group meeting, both sides reviewed the progress made on cooperation in ICT sector since last JWG meeting. Both sides expressed satisfaction on the constitution of the Sub-Group in order to accelerate the agreed Action Plan, which was signed in October 7, 2016 in New Delhi between both the countries.
- An MoU between Ministry of Communications & Information Technology of Republic of India and Ministry of Communications & Information Technology of Arab Republic of Egypt for cooperation in ICT was signed during the Egyptian President visit to India on 19th March 2013.
- An MoU between Ministry of Communications & Information Technology of Republic of India and Ministry of Communications & Information Technology of Arab Republic of Egypt for cooperation in the area of cyber security was signed during the Egyptian President visit to India on 19th March 2013.
- An MoU between MCIT India and Estonia on cooperation in the field of capacity building in the sphere of e-governance was signed on February 2014 for 5 years.
- Hon’ble Minister of E&IT and L&J paid visit to Tallinn, Estonia on 11-13 September and met their H.E. Mr Kristen Michal, Minister of Economic Affairs and Infrastructure, Mr Taavi Kotka, CIO for the Government of Estonia and Mr Viljar Lubi, Deputy Secretary General for Economic Development. Meetings were also held with H.E. Ms Marina Kaljurand, Minister of Foreign Affairs, H.E. Mr Urmas Reinsalu, Minister of Justice. Hon’ble Minister of E&IT and L&J also called upon H.E. Mr Toomas Hendrik Ilves, President of the Republic of Estonia. Hon’ble Minister of E&IT and L&J also visited Estonian e-Showroom, Estonian e-Governance Academy and the Tallinn University of Technology. At Tallinn University of Technology Hon’ble ME&IT addressed the gathering present at Talinn University and the Indian participants over Video Conference on e-Governance research, innovation, education and cyber security.
European Union (EU)
- Since the year 2000, the India-EU Joint Working Group on IT has met 9 times and the last JWG meeting was held on 14-15 January 2015 in New Delhi..
- 1st meeting of EU/Member States(MS) - Group of senior officials (GSO) was attended by Secretary and he had explained to the EU/MS side about the possible upcoming areas in MeitY, namely, Electronics Policy, IT Policy and R&D Policy which are opening up large number of opportunities for research.
- India-EU Workshop on Research & Innovation on Information and Communication Technology and Electronics (ICTE) was held in April 2014 in New Delhi.
- A meeting of the India-EU Joint Working Group (JWG) was held on 14-15 January 2015 in New Delhi. The Meeting arrangements were organized in different format in a focused manner, for that 3 preparatory session meetings on India–EU ICT collaboration, Internet Governance, ICT research and innovation for the JWG meeting were held on 14 January. Both sides list down the action plan to take forward the India-EU cooperation in areas of ICT.
- The JWG meeting was preceded by an EU-India 2nd ICT Industry Dialogue on 14 January 2015.
- A videoconference (VC) held between India-EU Joint ICT Working Group on Friday 22 January 2016 for an interim meeting to take stock of progress achieved since the last meeting of the JWG and ICT Business Dialogue held on 14-15 January 2015 in Delhi, also to prepare for the next JWG in June 2016, in Brussels.
- To take forward ICT cooperation as per India-EU Agenda for Action 2020 as committed during the 13th session of India-EU summit, both sides agreed to meet for India-EU Joint ICT Working Group during 13-14 June in Brussels and organized 3rd EU-India ICT Industry Dialogue.
- To take forward the 13th India-EU Summit and Agenda for Action 2020 as committed during recent VVIP’s visit to enhance India-EU cooperation. 10th meeting of the India-EU Joint ICT Working Group meeting along with ICT Business Dialogue and other parallel session meetings were held during 13th -15th June 2016 in Brussels. During the India-EU ICT JWG meeting, India-EU ICT Business Dialogue and other parallel session on specific sectors of ICT were held and during the ICT Business Dialogue, industry representatives of both sides interacted about the new cooperation opportunities and listed out the outstanding business issues in EU countries.
- European Union Parliamentary Delegation of Consumer Affairs & Digital Economy led by Ms Vicky Ford along with 7 Members of Parliament met Hon’ble ME&IT on 23rd February 2017 in New Delhi. The delegation appreciated and complimented India’s digital development agenda. International cooperation to prevent cyber crime was highlighted by both sides. Both sides expressed desire to closely cooperate on Digital issues including cyber security, internet governance & social media.
- An MoU on ICT was signed in September 2000.
- 9th India-France JWG was held in October 2013.
- India and France have agreed to collaborate in the area of ICT Cluster, Open Data and Cloud Computing.
- An MoU between SPTI and Systematic Paris region on cooperation in the field of ICT competitiveness cluster is under consideration.
- An “Indo-European Conference on Patents for Computer Implemented Inventions” was held at New Delhi in November 2013.
- An Agreement on cooperation in the field of Information Security between India and Finland was signed in January, 2010.
- Minister of European Affairs and Foreign trade met MC&IT in October, 2013.
- MeitY’s representative has participated in the 2nd Session of India-Georgia Inter Governmental Commission(IGIGC), which was held in Tbilisi, Georgia on July 25-26, 2016 as a part of Indian delegation, which was led by the Secretary(West), Ministry of External Affairs. During the meeting, both the sides positively reviewed the outcomes and the implementation of the first IGIGC and agreed to effectively and regularly monitor the progress of cooperation in diverse areas and also continue to identify the new area of cooperation. The MeitY’s representative underlined the significance of the ICT as one of the promising areas of cooperation with Georgia, considering the priority that the two countries attach to this field and the strength that India has in this area and also proposed an MoU on ICT for early signing.
- India-Germany consultations on International Cyber issues were held in Delhi during February, 2013.
- In the year 2013, a draft Joint Declaration of Intent between the Ministry of Communications and Information Technology of India and the Federal Ministry of Economics and Technology of Germany was prepared and the same is under active consideration.
- India delegation participated at Hannover in CeBiT in March 2014.
- Hon’ble MCIT led an Indian delegation to Frankfurt, Germany during in September 2014 wherein a meeting was held with several German companies. The delegation visited Testing and Certification Institute of the Association for Electrical, Electronics and Information Technologies.
- A meeting between Secreatry, MeitY and German delegation led by Mr. Tarek Al-Wazir, minister, Germany was held on 2nd November, 2015 to further the cooperation in Electronics and Information Technology.
- A high level delegation led by Secretary, MeitY visited Hanover to participate in CeBIT 2016 during 14-18 March 2016. A “Make In India” pavilion was set up to showcase Government Policies, schemes and financial incentives in Electronics & IT Sector. The event withness extensive participation across the Globe. More than 300 Indian companies participated in the show.
- A meeting with German delegation was held on 26th September, 2016 in MeitY. The meeting was co-chaired by JS(ICD), MeitY from the Indian side and Mr. Georg Maier, State Secretary for Economic Affairs, Science and Digital Society in the Federal Free State of Thuringia, Germany from German side. The German side highlighted its vision for the Digital Society in its state. Indian side highlighted the initiatives taken under Digital India programme.
- A Joint Declaration of Intent between the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology of the Government of the Republic of India and the Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy of the Federal Republic of Germany on Cooperation in the Field of Digitalization - Empowerment and Economic Impact signed on 30th May 2017
- India has set up an Indo-Ghana Kofi Annan Centre of Excellence for Communications and Information Technology at Accra, Ghana to cater to human resource development in the IT sector.
- The Centre is operational since December 2003. Facilities like data communication & networking lab, hi-tech computer labs with server, class rooms and distance learning lab with video conferencing and satellite connectivity were established at the Centre.
- The project was implemented by C-DAC. The Centre was ag ain upgraded during 2013-14 under Govt. of India’s assistance.
- The Ghanaian Government had provided physical infrastructure of the project like land, building, electricity, water and the requisite manpower. The technical infrastructure, course curricula and training etc. were provided by the Indian side.
- So far about 15000 students have been trained in the Centre.
- An MoU on ICT was signed in 2005.
- 8 ICT JWG meetings have been held so far. The last IBSA S&T Working Group meeting was held in May 2013, which was chaired by Secretary DST. Consequent to these focal points of the IBSA countries, the Working Group on Information Technology has been merged with the Working Group on S&T.
- A 7 member Indonesian Delegation visited MeitY on 29th October, 2015 , Indonesian government is in process of developing software parks, ITeS industry in Indonesia. In this regard, the Indonesian delegation was briefed on Indian Government Policies related to Software Technology Park, National E-governance Programe of India.
- An MoU was signed in January 2002.
- An MoU was signed between UGC and Israel Science Foundation, Israel in August 2012.
- Hon’ble MCIT led a high level delegation to Israel in June 2013 to promote investment in Electronics System Design Manufacturing ESDM in India.
- MeitY has created an Israeli Help Desk to expedite & facilitate the proposals of investment from Israeli companies and facilitate interactions with other agencies of Government of India and State Government.
- Hon’ble MCIT had led a delegation to Israel in April 2012.
- Two days Workshop on Joint Research program was held in August 2012 at New Delhi.
- The MeitY has committed to contribute USD 2.5 Million for R&D. The 27 possible areas of cooperation like Micro & Nanoelectronics, Semiconductor, Cognitive Engineering, Quantum Computing, Photonics, Material Science for Electronics, Cyber Physical System, Wireless Sensor Network, biomedical, ICT for Precision Agriculture, Human-Computer Interfaces, etc have been communicated to the Chairman ISF for their consideration.
- Trade Negotiating Committee was constituted in 2010 to negotiate a Comprehensive Free Trade Agreement with Israel covering goods, services and investment.
- MeitY along with C-DAC, SAMEER, C-MET and Media Lab Asia has participated in 1st Israel Innovation Conference – MIXiii 2014 in May 2014 at Tel Aviv.
- Indian Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-In) under Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) have signed an Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with its counterpart Japan Computer Emergency Response Team Coordination Center (JPCERT/CC) for exchange of information and cooperation in the area of cyber security in the year of 2010 for 5 years.
- Cyber security cooperation with Japan is quite significant for India in the Asia-Pacific region, as it complements its global cooperation efforts with EU and US. The cooperation will enhance India’s ability to engage and contribute meaningfully with global partners to ensure the safety and security of cyber space.
- A Joint Working Group has been constituted in 2013 between METI, Japan and MeitY, India to further this collaboration in Electronics and IT sector. The Joint Working Group includes B2B as well as G2B components. This mechanism provides a good vehicle to enhance greater collaboration between the two countries.
- A Japan Help Desk in the MeitY has been established in order to facilitate the Japanese companies in the electronics sector in India.
- A joint R&D project between CDAC, Kolkata and NIST of Japan on “Facial feature extraction and human behavior analysis for a dialogue system” is in-progress. There is tremendous opportunity for greater cooperation between Japan and India in the IT and Electronics Sector. The collaboration between Japanese Electronics Industry and Indian IT Industry offer several opportunities.
- Hon’ble MCIT Shri Ravishankar Prasad met Mr Masayoshi Son, CEO, Chairman & Founder of Softbank, Japan in October 2014 in New Delhi. In the meeting, development in Telecommunications and Internet industry sectors were discussed. Softbank proposed to investment USD 10 Billion in Indian ICTE sector with major investment in e-commerce sector.
- A Joint Statement made on the 30th day of April, 2015 between the Ministry of Communications and Information Technology of India and the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry of Japan for cooperation in the field of Information & Communications Technology and Electronics. This Joint Statement shared the view of both countries that could create win-win situation in IT and Electronic manufacturing field where Japanese manufacturing and Indian IT business can have synergy. Furthermore, in new frontier of IT such as Internet of Things (IoT) and Big Data, high skilled Indian IT engineers and entrepreneurs can boost Indian and Japanese companies’ creative business activities and promote innovation.
- A meeting between Japanese Business delegation and Secreatary, MeitY was held on 28th January 2016 to discuss the current situation on IT in India and expectrations for Japanese companies.
- Indian Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-In) signed an Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Japan Computer Emergency Response Team Coordination Center (JPCERT/CC) for exchange of information and cooperation in the area of cyber security in December 2015.
- The third Joint Working Group (JWG) Meeting was held 30th November 2015 in New Delhi. The main agenda items are included i) Electronic Hardware Industry to Industry Session; ii) IT/ ITES Industry to Industry Session; iii) Government to Industry Session and iv) Government to Government Session.
- Next Joint Working Group (JWG) Meeting has been scheduled from November 28 to December 2, 2016. Beside participation in the JWG, it is proposed that promotional activites will be undertaken by MeitY including roadshows, CEOs meeetings etc.
- Hon’ble Prime Minister of India had announced to set up a Centre of Excellence in IT at Eurasian National University during his visit to Kazakhstan in April 2011.
- The Centre has proposed to have HPC facility for application development, Training Centre, Video Conferencing Facility, Two CICs, etc. The installation & commissioning of IT equipment is in progress.
- 3rd meeting of India-Kazakhstan Working Group on Information Technology was held in March 2012 at New Delhi. The Working Group discussed and deliberated on various issues like e-government, IT Education, IT Park, Information Security and establishment of Kazakhstan-India ICT Advanced Training Centre in Eurasian National University.
- The 11th India-Kazakhstan Inter-governmental Commission (IGC) on Trade, Economic, Scientific, Technological, Industrial and Cultural cooperation was held in April, 2014 in Astana, Kazakhstan. MeitY also participated in IGC and discussed and deliberated on various issues to strengthen bilateral cooperation in ICT sector between the two countries.
- In order to foster ICT cooperation with Kazakhstan, a bilateral meeting between Hon’ble MCIT, Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad, Government of India and Minister of Investment and Development, H.E. Mr Asset Issekeshev, Kazakhstan was held on June 15, 2015 in Sanchar Bhawan, New Delhi. Both the leaders discussed about facilitation of G2G and B2B collaboration in the area of e-Governance, Internet-Governance, e-Learning, HRD and Capacity Building etc.
- India– Kazakhstan Centre of Excellence in ICT at Astana was inaugurated by Hon’ble Prime Minister of India on July 7, 2015. The Centre is equipped with HPC facility for research, ICT learning centre, Video Conferencing Facility, etc.
- A Telemedicine Network between India & Kyrgyzstan was established in July 2015. Hon’ble Prime Minister of India inaugurated this Telemedicine Network on Jul 12th 2015 and a live Tele-consultation was done amongst the Central Hospital at Bishkek, Remote Hospital in Osh with AIIMS and Apollo in New Delhi. The IT, AV & Medical equipment’s along with the CDAC e-Sanjeevani software are being provided the requisite support till July 2016.
- A state-of-the-art National Data Centre at Vientiane of Lao PDR was set up in May 2006 for hosting all e-governance applications of the Government of Lao PDR.
- NIC also carried out an assessment survey for the National e-Governance plan for the Government of Lao PDR and designed and developed the national portal for Lao PDR (http://www.laopdr.gov.la) on Open eNRICH framework. The portal consists of national portal, dynamic websites of ministries/departments, portals of all provinces and districts of Lao PDR.
- Hon’ble Minister of E&IT and L&J paid visit to Rega, Latvia on 13-15 September and met Deputy Prime Minister, Minister for Economics, Mr. Arvils Ašeradens, Minister of Justice, Mr Dzintars Rasnačs, of the Parliament Saeima of the Republic of Latvia, H.E. Ms Ināra Mūrniece, India-Latvia Parliamentary Friendship Group and also called on meeting with Prime Minister of the Republic of Latvia H.E. Mr Māris Kučinskis. Hon’ble Minister of E&IT and L&J also visited the Parliament of the Republic of Latvia, Riga Free port for setting up a cold storage cum warehouse for Indian agro-products. He also addressed an IT seminar organized by Ministry of Economics, Latvian Investment and Development Agency.
- India-Lesotho Centre of Excellence in ICT was set up by Government of India at Maseru, Lesotho in March 2011. The Centre caters to the capacity enhancement in the area of Information Technology. So far more than 500 students have been trained in this Centre on various IT courses designed by CDAC.
- An MoU on Information Technology and Services (ITS) was signed in May 2001.
- 1st Joint Working Group on Information Technology and Services (JWG-ITS) was held in October 2011.
- In JWG, MDeC and NASSCOM presented the outcome of “Joint ICT Talent Development Consultative Committee (JITDC)”. It was noted that action needs to be taken to establish B2B network with similar IT industry players between both countries and to have further discussions with India on the National Skills Development Corporation (NSDC) initiatives in India in terms of addressing talent related matters.
- About 60 Indian IT companies are having their presence in Malaysia.
- MoU on Cooperation in the area of Cyber Security between CERT-In and CyberSecurity Malaysia was signed during visit of Hon’ble Prime Minister’s visit to Malaysia on 23rd November 2015.
- During the visit to India by Mongolian President in January 2001, an MoU for Cooperation in Information Technology was signed between MIT, India and Ministry of Infrastructure, Mongolia.
- The first meeting of the India- Mongolia Joint Working Group meeting between Mongolia and India was held at Ulaanbatar, Mongolia on September 10 -11, 2001. An agreement was signed for setting up Atal Bihari Vajpayee Centre for Excellence in Information and Communications Technology.
- An MoU between NICSI, India and Ministry of Information and Communication Technology (MICT) of Mauritius has been signed in March 2010 to promote cooperation in the area of Information Technology.
- In consequent of the MoU, an India-Mauritius Joint Task Force was set up under the Co-Chairmanship of MeitY to implement the e-governance projects by NICSI in Mauritius.
- The e-Prison Project of Mauritius Prison Service has been launched in Mauritius in May 2014 and e-Prison System is now under implementation. The e-Prison Project is being executed by NIC/NICSI. The software development, customization & training support under the project is being provided to Mauritius Prison Service by NIC/NICSI team.
- A high level delegation from Mauritius led by Hon’ble Minister of Health and Quality of Life, Government of Mauritius, H.E. Mr. Lormus Bundhoo have visited MeitY on 22nd September 2014 along with a visit to PGI Chandigarh and some other hospitals in New Delhi. The delegation discussed on various issues to strengthen bilateral cooperation in ICT especially in e-Health sector between these two countries.
- A delegation led by Minister of Technology, Communication and Innovation, Mauritius visited MeitY on April 19, 2017. During the visit, a meeting between MoS (E&IT) and the Mauritius delegation was also held on 19th April, 2017 in MeitY, New Delhi, for strengthening the bilateral cooperation between two countries and both sides discussed the way forward mechanisms for working in the area of e-Health, e-Governance, IT-ITeS trade promotion, Cyber Security.
- India-Myanmar Centre for Enhancement of IT Skills for training, telemedicine with VSAT connectivity to 10 CICs was commissioned under Government of India grant.
- A numbers of faculty members from Myanmar were trained in IT skills at C-DAC, Pune. The IT centre is operational since October 2008.
- A delegation from Palestine, visited India during 2nd - 5th May, 2017 in connection with setting up of Techno-Park in Palestine. The delegation held a meeting with Joint Secretary (ICD), MeitY wherein JS, MeitY briefed the delegation about the activities of the MeitY and Digital India and its Development programme.
- A High level delegation led by the President of State of Palestine visited Center for Development of Advanced Computing (CDAC), Noida on 15th May, 2017. Hon’ble MoS (E&IT) welcomed the delegation in CDAC and a meeting was held between Palestine delegation and Senior Indian officials to discuss technology cooperation between the two countries and to explore the possibility of implementing various products/ projects being developed by C-DAC in the niche areas of ICT.
- During the VVIP visit from Palestine to India, an MoU was signed on 16th May, 2017 between MeitY and Ministry of Telecom & Information Technology, Palestine, on co-operation in the field of Information Technology and Electronics. The MoU intends to promote cooperation in the areas of e-Governance, m-Governance, e-Public Services Delivery, cyber security, techno-park, start-ups etc.
- A Joint Working Group Meeting on IT was held in June 2015 on sidelines of Joint Commission of Economic Cooperation (JCEC) meeting in Warsaw, Poland. In the meeting both countries agreed to cooperate in the areas of capacity building, skill development, Research & development & innovation in emerging technologies, entrepreneurship development etc.
- A MoU between MeitY and Ministry of Science, Technology and Higher Education of Republic of Portuguese on cooperation in the field of Information Technology and Electronics was signed on 6th January, 2017.
- The Portuguese Minister met with Hon’ble ME&IT on 6th March, 2017 in MeitY. Both the Ministers expressed new momentum of cooperation between the two countries in the field of e-Governance, Start-ups, cyber security, Aadhaar areas. Both sides found common working ground between Digital India and Digital Portugal. During the meeting Hon’ble ME&IT advised that a Joint Working Group (JWG) meeting should be constituted under the India - Portugal MOU in IT.
- An MoU for cooperation in IT sector between the Ministry of Information Technology of India and the Ministry of Telecom and Mass Communication of Russia was signed in December 2010 during the visit of Russian President to New Delhi.
- The 4th Session of Russia-India Joint Working Group Meeting on Information and Communication Technologies was held on October 7, 2015 at Moscow in the format of Roundtable with two back to back sessions: B2B and G2G.
- A tripartite MoU between CDAC, OJSC-GLONASS and GLONASS Union on Development of Technologies and Applications Based on Navigational Satellites has been signed on December 24, 2015 during India- Russia Annual Summit at Moscow. The prime objective of this MoU is to develop technologies and solutions based on navigational satellites for citizen safety, Government outreach to citizens, Roads & Highways, railways, aviation and marine etc. In order to operationilize this MOU, a JWG from both the side has been formed and CDAC is discussing with Russian agencies for evolving a tangible proposal.
- A tripartite MoU between CDAC, IISc-Bangalore and Lomonosov Moscow State University (MSU) on collaboration for Education in High Performance Computing has been signed on December 24, 2015 during India- Russia Annual Summit at Moscow. The prime objective of this MoU is to establishment of close contacts between the members of the Supercomputing Consortium of Russian universities and the leading Indian universities for developing various forms of educational programs in areas of High Performance Computing. In order to operationilize this MOU, a JWG from both the side has been formed and CDAC is discussing with Russian agencies for evolving a tangible proposal.
- Under the framework of India - Russia Inter Governmental Commission for Trade, Economic, Scientific, Technological and Cultural Cooperation, the 5th session of India – Russia Joint Working Group (JWG) on ICT was held on 26th April, 2017 in New Delhi. The meeting was co-chaired by Secretary, MeitY and Deputy Minister of Telecom and Mass Communications, Russia.
- To enhance cooperation in Information Technology services and setting up Center of Excellence in ICT at Riyadh, an MoU between CDAC and King Abdulaziz city was signed in February, 2010.
- Research Agreement on Open Source was signed between CDAC and King Abdulaziz City for Science & Technology (KACST) in February, 2012.
- 10th JCM meeting between India and Saudi Arabia was held in January, 2014. MeitY had deputed officials to participate in the meeting, who discussed on potential cooperation between the two countries.
- 11th Session of the Saudi – Indian Joint Commission Meetings New Delhi was held on 26-28 May 2015, wherein both sides expressed their desire to cooperate in the field of cloud computing, big data analytics and advanced computing. The Indian side invited Saudi investments under various initiatives of Govt. of India in Electronic System Design and Manufacturing.
- A Saudi business delegation met with Hon’ble MCIT on 15th December, 2015. Hon’ble MCIT informed the delegation about the various facts and initiatives of India in ICT such as mobile revolution, Digital India, Electronics Manufacturing, IT-ITeS to health and education & skill development programme. The Saudi sought Indian help for establishment of a training academy in Saudi Arabiea and to enhance optical fiber manufacturing, also keen interest for virtual training infrastructure, as India has developed from African countries. In response, Indian side informed that India can help in developing the IT profile of Sudi Arabia, at the same time Saudi companies can take benefits of India’s various schemes and invest in India in ICT technology sectors.
- India has signed an MoU on cooperation in the field of IT & Electronics with Serbia during the visit of Hon’ble MoS to PMO on 13 October, 2016 to enhance cooperation in the areas of e-learning, e-government services, tele-medicine, e-education, e-authentication, cyber security, Human Resources Development and capacity building in IT domain, etc.
- A meeting between Shri Rajiv Kumar, JS(ICD) and Mr. Sava Savic, Assistant Minister-ICT of Serbia was held on 9th December, 2016 to discuss the work plan for implementation modalities of the signed MoU in IT&E. During the meeting, it was decided to hold a Video Conferencing meeting to discuss detailed agenda and terms of the JWG. Both the sides have exchanged the composition of the JWG
- India-Seychelles Centre of Excellence in ICT (ISCEICT) was set up by Government of India at Mahe, Victoria in April 2011. The Centre caters to the capacity enhancement in the area of Information Technology.
- So far around 400 students have been trained so far and around same number of students are currently undergoing long term/ short term duration training.
- India-Singapore Comprehensive Economic Cooperation Agreement (CECA) was signed in June, 2005. It aimes to improve trade between the two countries and is expected to open up investment opportunities in areas such as education, science, air services, media, e-commerce, intellectual property and advance flow of human resources.
- MeitY is interested in promoting cooperation in application areas of ICT like Cyber Security, Nanotechnology, Mobile/Cloud Computing, High Performance Computing Perception Engineering, VLSI Design, 5G Wireless Networking and Electronic System Design and Manufacturing as well as in developing Joint Academic programs for Capacity Building and Human Resource Development.
- MoU on Cooperation in the area of Cyber Security between CERT-In and SingCERT was signed during visit of Hon’ble Prime Minister’s visit to Singapore on 24th November 2015.
- MeitY’s representative has co-chaired the South Africa – India Sub-Committee meeting on Information and Communication Technologies (ICT), which was held on 18 May 2015 at the Department of International Relations and Cooperation (DIRCO) in Pretoria, South Africa.
- In this meeting, both sides agreed to pursue joint research and development support programmes and commit to the establishment of a sectoral committee to support new ICT research areas. Further, through the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) in the fields of ICT, both sides will enhance the focus on skills development and expertise exchange to cultivate more specialists to confront ever-increasing ICT advancement. The two sides also noted the considerable scope for joint projects in the area of ICTs between the two countries.
- An MoU between the then Department of Electronics and Information Technology, Republic of India(now known as Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology) and Department of Telecommunications and Postal Services, Republic of South Africa for promoting bilateral cooperation in the field of Information and Communication Technologies was signed on 8th July, 2016 in Pretoria, South Africa. This MoU has been signed by High Commission of India in Pretoria, South Africa, on behalf of Government of India and Minister of Telecommunications and Postal Services, Government of South Africa in the presence of Hon’ble Prime Minister of India. The MoU intends to foster active cooperation and exchange of knowledge and best practices between private entities, institutions involved in enhancing Capacity building, Governments and other public and private organisations of the two countries in the field of ICT. The main areas of cooperation are e-Governance, e-commerce, HRD and Capacity building in ICT sector, electronics hardware manufacturing, Information Security etc.
- In order to implement the MoU, a Joint Working Group ICT from the Indian side has been constituted.
- An MoU on ICT was signed in January, 2010 for 5 years.
- An MoU between CCA and KCAD on Certifying Authority was signed in 2014.
- A joint declaration of intent of SW/IT was signed in 2014.
- An MoU between CERT-In and Kr-CERT on Cyber security was signed in 2014.
- Ministerial level India-RoK roundtable meeting on ICT was held in MeitY between Hon’ble MCIT and H.E. Mr Mun-kee Choi, Ministry of Science, ICT and Future Planning (MSIP).
- A Joint Workshop on Cyber security was held in January 2014 between CERT-In and KISA.
- A Joint Workshop for achieving mutual recognition of PKI/Digital Signature was held in January 2014 between CCA and Korea Certifying Authority Central (KCAC).
- 8th India-Republic of Korea Joint Commission Meeting (JCM) held in Seoul on December 29, 2014 under the leadership of EAM and Joint Secretary was participated from MeitY side. The JCM meeting reviewed, inter-alia, the status of Bilateral Cooperation between India and RoK in the field of IT. Briefly, it was agreed that both sides would take early action on the MoUs/ Joint Declaration of Intent signed in January, 2014 at New Delhi.
- The Government and Industry Delegation led by Hon’ble MCIT visited Republic of Korea (RoK) during October 17-20, 2014. During the visit Hon’ble MCIT met several big business houses of RoK. Also a bilateral meeting with H.E. Minister for MSIP, Korea was held on the sideline of ITU event. During the interaction MCIT highlighted the need of greater cooperation in the areas of Electronics and IT hardware manufacturing, under various policy initiatives to promote ESDM sector by Government of India. He also highlighted availability of quality man power and capabilities of Indian IT-ITES sector to participate in Korean market and opportunities for cooperation in smart cities development. For furthering exploring opportunities of Korean investment in ESDM sector both sides agreed to constitute a Joint Working Group for Electronics Hardware. Also it was agreed to establish institutional linkages between ETRI and Indian Institutes for jointly developing innovative ICT solutions.
- To implement the India-Korea Joint Declaration of Intent in the field of ICT, an official-cum business delegation from India visited Korea to attend the 1st JWG meeting with korea along with software dialogue meeting and other engagement during 24th-25th August, 2015 in Seoul.
- Prior to the JWG meeting ICT business dialogue was held between siftware companies along with the industry associations of both countries. The 1st JWG meeting was held on 25ht August 2015 in Seoul, Korea under the co-chairmanship of Joint Secretary, ICD, MeitY and Director General for International Bureau, Ministry of Science, ICT & Future Planning (MSIP) of Korea as per the agreed agenda. The agenda of the JWG meeting covered IT-ITeS business promotion, Digital India (e-Government), Cyber Security, Certifying Authority and Research & Innovation.
- A visit of Korean studies and research program, trainees from the Korea National Diplomatic Academy consisting 10 Trainees was held on 28 October, 2015. MeitY has organized the visit of the delegation at National Informatics Center (NIC), HQ in Delhi. NIC has demonstrated some of their installations to the trainee officials of the Republic of Korea.
- A meeting between Joint Secretary (ICD), MeitY and Korean Delegation led by the Vice Chairman of National Economic Advisory Council was held on 2nd May, 2016. Both Parties discussed on partnership between India-Korea in Creative Economy area related to ICT by holding talks about the Digital India initiative.
- Hon’ble MCIT led a delegation comprising of Secretary (DoT), Additional Secretary (MeitY), and PS to the Minister, to Sweden from May 15-18, 2016. The visit was in response to the invitation extended by former Swedish Minister of Housing and Urban Development in October 2015. The invitation once again renewed by Minister for the Ministry of Enterprise & Innovation of Sweden and Ministry of Information Technology on 28 April 2016. The visit took place, in view of the India-Sweden Joint Statement signed on 14th February, 2016 after Hon’ble PM met Swedish Prime Minister in Mumbai and the Joint Statement indicated that the two governments underlined the particular importance of information technology and digital industries in both countries as a key driver of growth and prosperity.
- Hon’ble MCIT and delegation had a bilateral meeting with Minister of Enterprise and Innovation, Sweden for strengthening bilateral cooperation in this important sector. In the Joint Statement issued after the meeting of two Prime Ministers on February 13, 2016, both governments underlined the particular importance of information technology and digital industries in both countries as a key driver of growth and prosperity. Prime Minister of Sweden welcomed the "Digital India” initiative of the Indian Government. Recognizing the potential benefits of expanding and deepening cooperation in this area, both sides endorsed the creation of a new Joint Working Group on Digital Technologies and Economy.
- The Ministerial delegation visited Ericsson Headquarters on May 16, 2016 for a visit to Ericsson studio and were exposed to its 5G programme followed by meeting with its CEO. The Ministerial delegation participated in the Public Forum on ‘Digital India -Opportunities for global partnership’ in collaboration with Sweden-India Business Council, Business Sweden, Swedish ICT and India Unlimited. MC&IT and delegation also participated in Sweden-India Business Council on May 17 which was attended by a large number of CEOs and top executives of Swedish and Indian IT companies.
- During the visit, Hon’ble MC&IT also called on the Swedish Prime Minister on May 16, 2016.
- The Government of India has set up a Centre of Excellence for Communications and Information Technology (CoEICT) at Dar es Salaam, Tanzania in May, 2011. The project was implemented by C-DAC.
- The Centre is catering to the capacity development in IT sector and has PARAM upgradable Super Computer, Data Centre and State-of-the-art training facility. The Centre through VSAT is also connected to 10 Community Information Centres (CIC) located at various places in Tanzania and offers citizen centric services viz., telemedicine, e-learning etc.
- The Tanzanian Government has provided physical infrastructure for the project like land, building, electricity, water and the requisite manpower. The technical infrastructure, course curricula and training etc. were provided by the Indian side.
- An MoU on Capacity Building, e-Governance and m-Governance was signed between MeitY and e-Gov. Agency, Tanzania on 28.08.2014 in New Delhi.
- An MoU between Software Technology Parks of India (STPI) and Taiwan Electrical and Electronic Manufacturers’ Association (TEEMA) was signed in September, 2013 on the following themes.
- To promote trade relations between India and Taiwan in the field of electrical, electronic and ICT industry and to constantly endeavour to improve cooperation between the two countries;
- To create and maintain a continuing exchange of information about developments and other matters to strengthen the cooperation between the two countries;
- To encourage and facilitate technological cooperation between members;
- To identify and establish contacts between organisations and encourage reciprocal visits of industry associations and technical specialists.
- A MoU has been signed between Government of India and Government of Tajikistan on 14th November 2003 for setting up of an IT centre at Dushanbe. The land, building and the operational cost of the same met by Tazik side and the Indian side has provided cost of the technical infrastructure, course curricula and training etc. The Deputy Prime Minister of Tajikistan has inaugurated the centre on 18th July 2006. The project has been completed and centre is in operational.
- The 2nd Session of the of India-Tunisia Joint Working Group (JWG) on cooperation in the field of Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) was held on June 29, 2015 in New Delhi. Both the he parties discussed ways and mechanisms of strengthening of cooperation in areas including industry to industry cooperation, capacity building and human resource development, Techno parks and Offshoring etc.
- An MoU between Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, Republic of India and Ministry of Communications Technologies and the Digital Economy, Republic of Tunisia, which was renewed on June 2, 2016 on cooperation in Information and Communications Technology and Digital Economy.
- The newly signed MoU is intends to foster active cooperation and exchange of knowledge and best practices between private entities, institutions involved in enhancing Capacity Building, Governments and other public and private organizations of the two countries in the field of ICT and Digital Economy. The main areas of co-operation are e-Governance, HRD and Capacity building in ICT sector, Information Security, Development of Techno-parks and Smart Cities, Industry-to-industry cooperation etc.
- In order to implement the MoU, a Joint Working Group on ICT has been constituted from the India side. Recently, the next session of JWG on ICT and Digital Economy in Tunisia has been proposed form the Indian side.
- India-Turkmenistan IT Centre at Ashgabat was set up by India in October, 2011 to promote ICT in Turkmenistan. C-DAC was the implementing agency from the Indian side.
- While the Turkmenistan Government has provided the requisite manpower, physical infrastructure like land, building, electricity, water etc., the technical infrastructure, course curricula, training of trainers was provided by the Indian side.
- The Centre caters to HRD development activities in IT sector. The Centre is equipped with facilities like the Data Centre, Computer Labs with Server, Class Rooms and Video Conferencing facility to organize specialized teaching programmes in ICT with India.
- ITCIT is working under Magtymguly Adyndaky Turkmen Dowlet University and followings Courses are being offered:
- Certificate Course Information Technology
- Certificate Course in Computing
- Certificate Course in Advance Computing
- A total numbers of 477 Students have been trained at ITCIT since inception.
- Bi-annual meeting of India-US ICT Working Group (WG) are held regularly. Since 2006, ten meetings have been held. The last meeting was held in January 2015 in Washinton DC.
- MoU between CERT-In and US-CERT was signed on 19th July, 2011 to promote a closer cooperation and timely exchange of information between the organizations of their respective Governments responsible for Cyber Security. The MoU establishes best practices for the exchange of critical cyber security information and expertise between the two Governments through the Indian Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-In) under Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) and United States Computer Emergency Readiness Team (US-CERT) under Department of Homeland Security (DHS). Since, 2011 regular interactions between CERT-In and US CERT are taking place to share the information and discuss cyber security related issues. A Video Teleconference Meeting (VTC) is held once every month which are attended by both the CERTs. During the VTCs the information related to vulnerabilities, security incidents, advisories, best practices and experience in resolution of incidents is exchanged between both the CERTs.
- In 2012, meetings on Privacy & Protecting Children Online, Cloud Computing and Electronic Hardware Manufacturing sectors were held.
- In the JWG meeting, which was held in June, 2012 at Washington DC, five India-US Joint R&D Projects in Ubiquitous Computing and Wireless Sensor Network area have been initiated between MeitY and NSF, USA. India is contributing Rs. 7.02 crore to its participating institutes and another 1.5 million USD is being contributed by USA.
- The WG Group broadly deals with issues related to Information Technology, Telecommunication and Media & Broadcasting. The meeting provides a cooperative environment to discuss important market and regulatory issues as well as offer an opportunity to explore greater collaboration between the India and US. The India-US ICT dialogue has proven to be an effective and innovative mechanism to address key obstacles and challenges for greater trade, investment, and technology transfer between the two countries.
- On the sideline of JWG meetings, Indian and the US private sectors share the common goal of joint prosperity achieved by removing obstacles in promoting business as well as developing regulatory frameworks that foster growth and innovation, enhance security, and strengthen fairness and transparency. Both the sides explore opportunities for working collaboratively with the respective governments and private sector to facilitate investment and trade in a fair, secure and environmentally safe way.
- Three sub-groups have been formulated between India and US on Bilateral Electronics Hardware Manufacturing Dialogue, e-Governance and Privacy & Protecting Children Online, respectively.
- A Workshop on Standards and Regulatory Procedures was organised in September, 2014 by National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), United States Department of Commerce in which 15 senior government and private officials participated. The workshop was aimed for presenting a unique opportunity for exploring and building collaboration between U.S and India in the area of standards which provided a basis for increased trade potential on both sides.
- An inter-ministerial Delegation under Secretary MeitY visited USA from 12th-16th January, 2015. It was agreed to continue to explore the opportunities for collaboration on implementing India's ambitious Digital India initiative, with the goal of enhancing digital infrastructure, deploying e-governance and e-services, and expanding the diffusion and use of ICT as a tool to expand economic opportunity, boost productivity, create jobs, and empower citizens. During the visit extensive interactions with senior officials of US Government and USIBC were held for exploring possibility of cooperation under DI were held.
- A Workshop with India US Industry on Digital India was held also organized on 16 January 2015 in Washington DC to appraise the US industries of various opportunities for collaboration under Digital India.
- Both co-chairs of the ICT JWG are interaction regularly to establish a workplan under “Digital India” programme and a follow up meeting was held between US officials and MeitY/ DoT in February 2015 to approach to address four work streams. The series of video conferences will commence soon on the subject matters.
- A Joint Declaration of Intent for cooperation in the field of ICTE was signed on January 23, 2015 between Ministry of C&IT, GoI and Department of State of USA.
- An USIBC delegation visited India from October, 13-15, 2015 following the PM’s interaction with the US technology sector during his recently concluded trip to US. On the request of USIBC, a Secretary, MeitY had met the USIBC delegation with number of 30 members on 15th October 2015 in MeitY. During the meeting Indian Industry Association along with major Indian companies participated and interacted with USIBC members. Secretary, MeitY has explained to the business participants about the policy initiatives of India and opportunities in India to set up Electronics manufacturing. Also, he had highlighted the business issues facing by the Indian IT companies in USA.
- A meeting between Secretary, MeitY and Mr. Christopher Painter, (coordinator on Cyber Issues) of U.S. Department of State was held on 15th October, 2015 in MeitY. The meeting held at official level of two sides with the participants from senior officials of MeitY, CERT-In, DoT, MEA and Officials from US Government and US Embassy in New Delhi. The agenda of the meeting was discussion on follow up on India-US. ICT Dialogue, Cyber Security issues, Digital India programme and mobility and business issues in ICT sector with USA. Both sides agreed to convey 3 Video conferences in next 2 months on the specific subjects and next India-US ICT JWG meeting has been proposed to be held in January or February month of 2016 in India.
- Hon’ble MoC &IT visited US to attend the Annual India Conference at Harvard 2016 during 6-7th February 2016 as Speaker at Boston (USA). India Conference at Harvard (CH) is one of the largest India conferences in the US. In 2016, the ICH celebrated its 13th anniversary. The conference brought together business leaders, entertainment professionals, government officials, philanthropists, and many other leaders to engage in a conversation about India's path to Global leadership.
- Hon'ble Minister deliberated on initiatives such as Digital India, Bharat Net, Make in India, Creating an Industry friendly policy framework to inspire students, business leaders about potential business opportunities in the resurging India.
- A meeting between Secretary, MeitY and Ambassador, Deputy United States Trade Representative(USTR) and US delegation was held on 25th July, 2016 in Electronics Niketan. During the meeting the Ambassador discussed about the “Digital 2 Dozen”programme under the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) includes 24 cutting-edge obligations designed to promote digital economy. A booklet on the subject was handed over to the Secretary. The proposal was circulated to the concerned Group for preparation of a consolidated note for further interaction with USA on the subject.
- A meeting with Secretary, MeitY and Mr. Christopher Painter, US Department of State, Coordinator for Cyber Issues was held on 31.8.2016 in Electronics Niketan, New Delhi. The purpose of the meeting was to discuss issues on bilateral cooperation in the ICT. During the meeting Mr. Painter discussed about the US position for advancing cyber security, fighting cybercrime, promoting multi-stakeholder internet governance and advancing internet freedom. US delegation also proposed for holding the next India-US ICT dialogue on 27 September, 2016. The US side proposal would be examined and considered in this Ministry.
- A meeting of India-US ICT Working Group was held on 27th September, 2016 in MeitY, New Delhi. The meeting was co-chaired by JS, MeitY from Indian side and Mr. Danny Sepulveda, Ambassador, Deputy Assistant Secretary of State and U.S. Coordinator for International Communications & Information Policy from US side. The opening remarks in the meeting were delivered by Secretary, MeitY. During the meeting issues related to mobility of skilled professionals, Internet Governance, Internet of Things, e-Commerce, Cyber Security, ICTE equipment standards, security and safety in ICTE products etc. were discussed. Both sides further agreed to set-up the sub working groups on (i) Internet Governance, (ii) Internet of Things and (iii) IT equipment standards and ESDM.
- Deputy United States Trade (USTR) representative Ambassador Robert W. Holleyman held a meeting with Secretary, MeitY on October 19, 2016 in MeitY to discuss on the issues related to Digital Policy Coordination (Digital 2 Dozen, Multistakeholderism, Cloud Computing etc.), Testing, CRO and IPR(CRI Guidelines).
- A Meeting between Secretary, MeitY and Mr. Christopher Painter, US Department of State, Coordinator for Cyber Issue, was held on 19th January, 2017 in Electronics Niketan, New Delhi. The purpose of the meeting was to discuss Cyber issues between India and USA as proposed by US Embassy.
- A US Congressional delegation led by US Congressman Bob Goodlatte, Chairman of House Judiciary Committee visited India during February 20-23, 2017 and met Hon’ble ME&IT and Senior Officials of MeitY. Hon'ble ME&IT emphasized that these aspects should be fully taken into account in any review of worker visa programmes. India is fully committed to protection of intellectual property rights. A number of MNC’s, including a large number of US multinationals, have made India a home for their global R&D activities.
- A delegation led by Secretary, MeitY visited West Coast USA during 6th - 9th May 2017 on an invitation extended by the US - India Business Council (USIBC)'s Second Annual West Coast Summit. During the visit, Secretary, MeitY received "USIBC Transformative Leadership Award" for advancing US-India cooperation in areas such as "Digital India". In the key note speech Secretary, MeitY, highlighted the opportunities for B2B cooperation in the light of increasing Digital opportunities under DIGITAL INDIA programme mainly due to exponential increase in Digital Payment, Financial inclusion and Aadhaar and also highlighted opportunities in Hardware manufacturing in India through Ease of Doing Businesses, and new Policy initiatives/ Schemes.
- Jawaharlal Nehru India Uzbekistan Centre for Information Technology (JNIUCIT) at Tashkent, Uzbekistan has been established and has commenced operations since April, 2006. C-DAC has been the implementing agency from the Indian side. The Centre was upgraded in 2012-14 through Govt. of India assistance.
- The 1st Meeting of the Indo-Uzbek Joint Working Group on IT was held at New Delhi in January, 2011. The Working Group discussed and deliberated on various issues to increase bilateral cooperation in IT sector between the two countries. The 2nd meeting is due and will be held in Tashkent.
- An MoU between Ministry of Communications & Information Technology of the Republic of India and the Communications and Information Agency of Uzbekistan on Cooperation in Information Technology was signed on 18 May, 2011 in New Delhi.
- Jawahar Lal Nehru Center has been upgraded in 2013-14.
- An MoU between Indian Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-In), India and Information Security Center (ISC), Uzbekistan on cooperation in the area of Cyber Security was signed on January 25, 2016 through diplomatic channel. The prime intent of this MoU to explore possibility of cooperation and exchange of knowledge and experience in detection, resolution and prevention of security related incidents on the Internet. At present contact between both agencies has been established and a tangible action plan is being evolved for taking action on the area of cooperation, as mentioned in the signed MoU.
- An MoU for setting up of Advance Research Centre (ARC) in ICT sector was signed in November, 2003.
- The project has been executed and inaugurated in September, 2011.
- A bilateral meeting between MCIT and the M/o Information and Communications, Vietnam was held in July, 2013 at New Delhi. Both leaders decided to form a JWG with 3 members from each side comprising of Telecom, IT and Post.
- With GOI grant-in-aid of Rs.10 crores, MeitY has supported HRD sector in Vietnam for promoting Software Industry through CDAC by offering short term and long term courses.
- MeitY through C-DAC has also executed the project on setting up of India – Vietnam Advanced Resource Centre on ICT (ARC-ICT) at Hanoi at an estimated cost of Rs. 9.47 crores.
- An Agreement between CDAC and MEA has been signed in May, 2012 for setting up of India-Vietnam High Performance Computing (HPC) facility at HUST.
- During the visit of Hon’ble PM to Vietnam in September 2016, MoU on cooperation in the field of Information Technology and MoU on ccoperation in the area of Cyber Security were signed.
- A meeting between Hon’ble ME&IT and H. E. Mr. Truong Minh Tuan, Minister for Information and Communications of Vietnam was held on March 28, 2017 in MeitY for strengthening bilateral cooperation and relations between the two countries and to carry forward the MoU signed in 2016 between India & Vietnam in the field of IT. For strengthening the cooperation and for quick implementation of MoU between the two countries, a Joint Implementation Plan was signed during the meeting.
- A Vietnamese delegation led by Vice Minister of Vietnamese Committee for Ethnic Minority Affairs visited India from 18th – 20th April, 2017 for a research on “theories and practices of building national database system for ethnic minority affairs and policies”. MeitY had facilitated a visit of the delegation to NIC study Data Centre at Shastri Park and a meeting with NIC official for the purpose on 19th April, 2017.