Organizations delivering citizen and customer centric services like Registration, Issuance of Certificates, Permits etc., involve extensive handling of documents. These documents are critical for effective service delivery. With increasing number of documents generated every day, storing and retrieving documents become an operational challenge. Many such organizations convert these documents into images through scanning. In most of the cases it is not being done appropriately as it is a human intensive and costly process. This leaves the organization with digital images which cannot be retrieved and data cannot be processed.
Digitize India Platform (DIP):
DIP is an initiative of Government of India under Digital India program to provide digitization services from scanned document images or physical documents for any organization. The aim is to digitize and make usable all the existing content in different formats and media, languages, digitizing and creating data extracts for Document Management and Managing the Records. It features an automated platform for processing and extracting relevant data from document images in a format that may used for the analysis. Leveraging DIP to lead organizations towards a paperless office, make data available on demand to the citizens, free archived documents storage spaces and enhance digital public service delivery
How does it work?
If one organization has already having the scanned documents/images; DIP can help them to extract the relevant data from the same and provide with the data extracts in a usable format. DIP provides an innovative solution for all these challenges by combining Machine inputs with human intelligence to deliver logically verified data which is being depicted below: If one organization are still using paper based document, DIP can convert them into images and digitize them.
Benefit Associated with DIP:
- Digitized data extracts generated by DIP will help one organization to:
- Indexing the document images by using the data extracts
- Manage, retrieve and access the document images more efficiently through keyword based search
- Use the data extract as automated data inputs in IT applications avoiding manual data entry
- Store the data extract for analysis and informed decision making
- Repurpose, reproduce and share the data in different formats for ex. Printed forms, PDF files etc.
- Safeguard against physical disasters by replicating the data across different formats and locations
- Secure the document and data access by using restricted access and encryption techniques
- Digitally archive the documents saving space and costs
Type of Data/Documents digitized using DIP?
Document image that is human readable and has a defined structure like a printed form or a register with defined rows & columns. However it is suggestable that you digitize only those documents which are generated in high volume, have a similar document structure and need frequent access. DIP can process and extract multi-lingual text, numeric and alphanumeric data from the document images
For detailed user sign-up process, please click here1.13 MB.
For list of empanelled Agencies under DIP Platform, please click here221.14 KB.
DIP: Admin. Approval, Letters, Correspondences, Notifications and Memorandums
- DO Letter to Secretary, Dept. of School Education & Literacy-DIP-02-02-2017682.88 KB
- DO Letter to JS, Dept. of Higher Education-DIP-21-12-16774.92 KB
- DO Letter to JS, Dept. of School Education-DIP-21-12-16771.8 KB
- Corrigendum-Adm Approval DIP dated 25.07.20161.04 MB
- Reply from Nagaland regarding Digitization of records 12.10.2015119.51 KB
- Letter from Advisor(Admin) TRAI for Office Automation (Digitize India) in TRAI dated 19.10.201594.42 KB
- Admin Approval for DIP 17.08.2015123.57 KB
- DO Letter from AS, MeitY to States & UTs for DIP dated 14.08.20151.67 MB
- DO Letter from Secretary, MeitY to Chief Secretaries for DIP dated 02.06.2015247.07 KB