The Government of India, in recognition of the long-felt need for efficiency in government processes and service delivery mechanisms, has included e-Office as a core mission mode project (MMP) under the National eGovernance Plan (NeGP). It is estimated that this MMP has the potential of targetting over 2 lakh users.
This MMP aims at significantly improving the operational efficiency of the Government by transitioning to a "Less Paper Office".
The objectives of the MMP are:
- To improve efficiency, consistency and effectiveness of government responses
- To reduce turnaround time and to meet the demands of the citizens charter
- To provide for effective resource management to improve the quality of administration
- To reduce processing delays
- To establish transparency and accountability