- About MeitY
- Vision & Mission
- Organization Chart
- Functions of Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology
- Who's Who
- Official Language Activities
- Citizens' Charter
- Vigilance & Grievances
- Performance Management
- Integrated Finances
- Acts & Policies
- Controller of Accounts
- Immovable Property Return
- Web Information Manager
- Know Your Ministers
- Visitor Pass
Sat, 01/16/2010 - 17:22 — admin
- Work on low and medium voltage mains and apparatus should be carried only by authorised person(s) and all mains and apparatus to be worked upon shall be isolated from all sources of supply before starting the work.
- Warning boards shall be attached to or kept adjacent to the line apparatus and the limit of the zone, in which work may be carried out, should be specifically indicated.
- Ensure that the safety apparatus such as rubber mats, stool, platforms or other safety devices to be used, should be in good condition.
- When any live mains is to be earthed, the procedure prescribed should be scrupulously followed
- All cases of electrical shock must be reported to medical department and your supervisor at once.
- Maintenance on High Tension (H.T.) Breaker should be attempted only when it is fully isolated and withdrawn.
- No work should be done on the transformers unless, it is disconnected from all external electrical circuits and all windings have been solidly earthed.
- Don't allow unauthorized and untrained persons to work on Electrical Systems.
- Do not disconnect the plug of electric hand tools by pulling the cord.
- Do not touch a person who is in direct contact with live electrical conductors. By this, you can receive a serious shock too.
- In hazardous area, avoid direct contact between explosive mixture and means of ignition.
- Do not inadvertently activate any electrical equipment. Follow electrical isolating procedure to avoid inadvertent activation on any electrical equipment.
- Do not panic in case of power failure. Emergency lighting have been provided in all working areas within Company through Diesel Generating Sets which start automatically within 10-15 seconds of the power failure. Stay calm until then.
- Do not work alone in main switch or feeder panel enclosure.
- De-energize incoming power before removing top and side access or cover plates of any bus cover. Lock out the incoming power source. Earth the main horizontal bus before working on the bus.
- Check voltage, if any, by multimeter/test lamp so as to be sure that circuit breaker/switches are open or that the bus is de-energized.
- Isolate all remote control voltage sources when working on the board.
- Pad-lock the breakers with isolated position and test before working on a branch circuit.
- Follow proper Electrical Isolation procedures to avoid in-advertent activation of any Electrical equipments i.e. put "Men at Work" tally on the isolated circuit. Remove the fuses etc. before working.
- Do not touch dangling wires, report them to your supervisor at once.
- Don't come in direct contact with electric wires while in use/working.
- Never leave electrical equipments without properly earthed.
- Do not replace/repair the faulty plugs cords yourself. Qualified or maintenance personnel should do this.
- Do not put in use any piece of electrical equipment that gives a tingling sensation when touched. This is defective. Inform about it to your supervisor immediately.
- No live part should be within unsafe distance of a person working on live low and medium voltage mains, so that he does not come in contact with it unless he is properly protected.
Content to be expired on: