- About MeitY
- Vision & Mission
- Organization Chart
- Functions of Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology
- Who's Who
- Official Language Activities
- Citizens' Charter
- Vigilance & Grievances
- Performance Management
- Integrated Finances
- Acts & Policies
- Controller of Accounts
- Immovable Property Return
- Web Information Manager
- Know Your Ministers
- Visitor Pass
Sat, 01/16/2010 - 17:49 — admin
Science and technology cooperation between India and Europe has grown rapidly in recent years. The bilateral cooperation offers a durable and sustainable institutional framework to strengthen links between the two regions and bring mutual and lasting benefits. Grids, new network architectures, e-health and entrepreneurship are among the ICT themes and issues that have much to gain from international cooperation for development of technology that will ultimately benefit large communities.
The EC's 7th Framework Programme (FP7) offers a prime opportunity to capitalize on Europe's immense reservoir of research resources and tools in information and communication technology (ICT), and to build on the strengths of India to help achieve key economic, societal and developmental goals.
The Department of Information Technology is actively involved in bilateral cooperation with Europe and also has separate Joint Working Group (JWG) with Bulgaria, France and European Union (EU).
- Last JWG meeting was held in November 2011. Both sides agreed to collaborate in the area of ICT Clusters, Next Generation Networks & Cloud Computing.
- Joint R&D projects initiatives between the two sides are in process
- IIT-Delhi is in discussion with INRIA (National Institute for Research in Computer Science and Control) to build joint research projects, bilateral scientific exchanges, student exchanges, post-Doctoral follow exchanges
- ERNET is in discussion with Telecom-SudParis, Telecom Pans Tech for collaboration in research projects, Education &training and seminar series in areas of NGN, Cognitive Radio, Cloud Computing Smart Card, Security etc.
- Hon’ble MCIT led a delegation to Israel in April 2012. As a follow up, 2 days Workshop on Joint Research program was held in August 2012 at New Delhi.
- The Department has committed to contribute $ 2.5 Million for R&D. The 27 possible areas of cooperation like Micro & Nanoelectronics, Semiconductor, Cognitive Engineering, Quantum Computing, Photonics, Material Science for Electronics, Cyber Physical System, Wireless Sensor Network, biomedical, ICT for Precision Agriculture, Human-Computer Interfaces, etc have been communicated to the Chairman ISF for their consideration.
- JWG meeting was held in March 2012 in New Delhi after 3 years. Last JWG was held in March 2009. JWG has drawn up an action plan. Accordingly sub-group in India-EU Bilateral Electronic Hardware Manufacturing, Internet security and R&D are being formed. Meeting with EU over Video Conference was held in September’12