- About MeitY
- Vision & Mission
- Organization Chart
- Functions of Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology
- Who's Who
- Official Language Activities
- Citizens' Charter
- Vigilance & Grievances
- Performance Management
- Integrated Finances
- Acts & Policies
- Controller of Accounts
- Immovable Property Return
- Web Information Manager
- Know Your Ministers
- Visitor Pass
Sat, 01/16/2010 - 16:56 — admin
- Always take prompt action to redress the complaints or grievances of the people, wherever possible. If you have to say 'no' to somebody, say the same very politely, but firmly. It is better to say 'no' and decide than to keep the matters pending.
- Encourage your subordinates to do their best. Every human being craves to be appreciated. If you want to bring about effective change in shortest time, encouragement is the best tool.
- Make the working 'participative' within your area of work. Let each employee feel that he has an important role to play in creating an environment for efficient behaviour, thereby enhancing the morale of the employee.
- Create a 'Vigilance friendly' environment in the organization through your own positive, transparent, fair and timely actions. You can make vigilance altogether redundant, thereby.
- Do verify periodically the rules, regulations, policies, guidelines, procedures, practices and functions existing in the organization according to which the works of your unit might be carried out, but which might have become defunct or redundant. It is desired to update and consolidate them in order to provide clear and unambiguous guidelines.
- Do not take part in political activities :
- to be an office bearer of a political party / an organization which takes part in the politics
- to participate/assist in any manner in any movement/agitation/demonstration of political
- to canvas in any manner in any election to Legislature or Local Authority
- Don't exceed your powers - financial and administrative, except in an emergency; it is irregular and gives rise to suspicion. Regularize your deed immediately by taking post-facto approval in writing. Don't deal with firms giving incomplete address or particulars. Go into antecedents of such firms wherever required. Verify bonafide of the firms, which furnish addresses like "C/o. Post Box No."
- Do not give evidence in connection with any enquiry, other than judicial or departmental enquiry or enquiry before an authority appointed by Government, Parliament, or State Legislature, without previous permission of Competent Authority.
- Don't make statements criticizing policies or action of Government or the Company except when the statements made or views expressed are factual, but not confidential in nature, made in official capacity or in.
- In absence of written instructions or procedural guidelines, if different work/functions are performed in your unit as per certain practices or on case to case basis, it would be desirable to streamline them through written procedures. It would help the new entrants to your unit to perform his/her duties properly and also in fixing individual responsibility. You can't escape the accountability tomorrow by evading it today.
- Remember that if anybody makes any discovery, invention or improvement relating to any process/method/plant while in service of the Company, in which the Co. has any interest, direct or indirect, the details of the same must be furnished to the Company. The letters of patent, if taken out for the same, shall belong to the Company.
- You may seek and obtain sanction of the Competent Authority before you accept any fee or pecuniary advantage for any work done by you for any public body or private person.
- Declare any movable property inherited, owned, acquired or held by you to the Competent Authority at the time of joining the Company, if the value of such property exceeds Rs.7500/-; and then any subsequent transaction in movable property in your own name/ in the name of your family members or any other person exceeding Rs. 15.000/-.
- In case you have made any discovery or invention during the period while in the service of the Company, don't publish or cause it to be published, disclose or otherwise make known in any manner what-so-ever such invention or process, during or after the period of service with the Company, except for the purpose of the business of the Company and with the previous sanction of the Competent Authority.
- Don't approach directly or indirectly any foreign Govt. or organization for financial assistance for visiting a foreign country for attending a course abroad without prior permission of the Management.
- You are prohibited from engaging directly or indirectly in any trade or business or undertaking any other employment, part time or whole time, without the previous sanction of the Competent Authority.
- Do not acquire or dispose of any immovable property without pun-knowledge of the Competent Authority. For transaction concerning movable/immovable property with a person or a firm having official dealings with an executive or his subordinate, previous sanction of the Competent Authority is a must.
- On occasions of social/religious functions, gifts received from relatives and personal friends having no official dealings in conformity with the social/ religious practices, should be reported to the Competent Authority if the gift exceeds Rs.5000.
- You can retain gifts received from foreign dignitaries/firms not exceeding Rs.1000/- . In any other case, before accepting any gift exceeding Rs.1000, seek the sanction of the Competent Authority.
- Don't forget to declare the immovable properties inherited, owned, acquired or held by you in your own name, in the name of any member of your family/any other person on joining and on every alternate year as on 1st January thereafter.
- Don't move to Court or to .the Press for vindication 'of any official act, which has been the subject of adverse criticism, without previous sanction of the Competent Authority.