- About MeitY
- Vision & Mission
- Organization Chart
- Functions of Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology
- Who's Who
- Official Language Activities
- Citizens' Charter
- Vigilance & Grievances
- Performance Management
- Integrated Finances
- Acts & Policies
- Controller of Accounts
- Immovable Property Return
- Web Information Manager
- Know Your Ministers
- Visitor Pass
Sat, 01/16/2010 - 17:17 — admin
- Know the location of fire extinguishers, exit routes and the nearest manual fire call point.
- Make yourself conversant with the type of fire extinguisher and its operation.
- Keep your work place clean and tidy. Do learn by heart the important telephone numbers of fire control room i.e. 444/555 and use of safety equipments such as fire extinguishers & personal protective equipments.
- Do inform fire department about the accidental use of fire safety equipments such as fire extinguishers.
- Do report all fire/non-fire emergencies to your area incharge and fire station.
- Do shout 'FIRE-FIRE' in case you notice outbreak of fire.
- Do practice no smoking in the work place and where the 'No Smoking' signs are displayed.
- Don't use open flames/carry out hot work in the areas where hazardous gases/chemicals are stored unless authorised.
- Don't remove portable extinguishers from their assigned location except in case of fire.
- Don't obstruct/block aisles, exits, hose cabinets, portable fire extinguishers or sprinkler valves.
- Don't fiddle with the various facilities until and unless you are authorised to do so.
- Don't use fire safety equipments for any other purpose, other than they are meant for.
- Don't store chemicals near the source of heat.
- Don't carry chemical bottles in hand. Always make use of trolleys. Do not panic in the emergency situation and follow the guidelines as given under general action plan.