- About MeitY
- Vision & Mission
- Organization Chart
- Functions of Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology
- Who's Who
- Official Language Activities
- Citizens' Charter
- Vigilance & Grievances
- Performance Management
- Integrated Finances
- Acts & Policies
- Controller of Accounts
- Immovable Property Return
- Web Information Manager
- Know Your Ministers
- Visitor Pass
Sat, 01/16/2010 - 17:04 — admin
- Be at work place during designated shift timings and punch your own attendance card, if applicable, regularly.
- Always wear identity badges while within the factory premises/offices.
- Intimate loss of identity card to concerned authorities promptly to avoid misuse.
- Avail of leave with prior permission and submit leave application well in time.
- Allow personal search by Security within the factory premises or at the main entrance.
- Keep your Employee State Insurance (ESI) card with you.
- Communicate change in address and personal/family status to the Personnel Section.
- Maintain proper discipline while being at factory premises/office/Guest House/ in the SCL Recreation Club and make proper use of its facilities.
- Keep the workplace clean.
- Identify the hazards of your work area and adhere to safety measures.
- Be cost conscious.
- Don't forget to punch the attendance card.
- Don't leave factory premises without permission.
- Don't forget to follow proper channel for making application for employment elsewhere.
- Don't falsify, deface or destroy any personnel/other official records.
- Don't interfere with the record of attendance.
- Do not abet or attempt at any of the acts of misconduct.
- Don't hold any meeting in the factory or take part in the same without permission of the Competent Authority.
- Don't fail to observe safety instructions or interfere with any safety device or equipment installed within the establishment.
- Don't miss to report all accidents/ injuries occurring during the course of duty to Section/Departmental Head who in turn will report the same to the Factory Manager and Safety Officer.
- Participate in the Safety Training Programmes and Safety Promotional Activities as and when asked for.
- Be always consistent with accountability to your superior officer.
- Always make decisions on merit. You are in a position of trust.
- Always use the working hours for discharging your duties to the Company.
- Ensure that your outside interests are not detrimental to the Company by their very nature or due to your involvement in them during working hours.
- Make a check-list for sanctioning of Leave Travel Concession (LTC), House on Rent Reimbursement (HRR), Medical and other administrative perks.
- Work in your assigned section/area, entry to others' work areas shall be with the prior permission of the area incharge concerned.
- Remember always that as managers, your duties are to manage men, money, materials, machines and methods in an economic, efficient, effective, excellent and equitable manner.
- Do ensure that all confidential documents are duly sealed, packed and no pre-despatch tampering is made.
- Publicize the Rules and Procedures as widely as possible, in simple words and make them less cumbersome.
- Don't take part or go on any strike in contradiction of proper procedure laid Labour Laws/Company down Rules.
- Don't accept any torn and tempered packet/envelope from Post Office, Courier Service Agents.
- Do not delay your decisions; matters must be decided within reasonable time.
- Don't deal with any matter or give any contract to any company/person in discharge of official duties, if any family member is employed in that company/under that person except with the approval of Competent Authority.
- Don't miss to report any theft/pilferage and loss taking place within the area of your jurisdiction, through your Departmental Head to Head HRD and to the Chairman Managing Director (CMD).
- Don't miss to report any other irregularity observed to the higher authorities.
- Don't ask for personal outstation call unless duly authorised by the competent authority.
- Don't hold official outstation calls for longer duration. Learn to be brief and to the point.
- Don't indulge in activities, which are not permitted by the rules and regulations of the Company.Personnel Matters.
- Forward telephone, electric, water bills to Administration Section immediately on receipt.
- Process various consumable bills i.e. Electric /Water /Telephone bills in time and ensure timely payment to avoid action in the form of penalty, disconnection of meter etc.
- Always keep in mind the SCL Vision, Mission and objectives. Each and every employee of the organization has to contribute his/her best through highest standards of integrity, dedication, commitment, competence and impartiality in a free, fair, fearless and dispassionate manner.
- As a good citizen of the largest democracy, do try your best to combat corrupt practices and willful violation of the laid down Rules, Procedures & Systems by your subordinates and colleagues.
- Forward vehicle requisition to Administration Section one day in advance.
- Sign the vehicle log-book with the driver at time of release of the vehicle.
- Don't give ambiguous orders, they tend to create confusion and chaos. Never miss to record the minutes of a meeting at the earliest possible, not later than 48 hours of the conduct of such meetings and the minutes should be circulated to all concerned positively within a week of holding such meetings. Delays in writing minutes of the negotiating committee, purchase committee, tender committee, recruitment/ promotion committee etc., tends to give scope for suspicion that some manipulations might be taking place. Wherever practicable, the minutes of such committee meetings should be recorded immediately at the conclusion of the meeting and signed by all the members, so that in case there is any point of ambiguity, the same could be clarified by the concerned members at the time of signing.
- Whenever any application is put up to you in the prescribed proforma, don't pass the same till it is ensured that information against all the columns incorporated therein has been given.
- Don't forget that service to your Company is the service to the nation.
- Do give sufficient publicity to employment notice for recruitments.
- Observe due secrecy of question papers for the written test.
- Ensure that the advertisement appearing in the newspapers on behalf of the organization for any vacancy contains complete information viz. No. of vacancy(ies), place of vacancy, required qualification, required experience, mode of applying etc. to avoid any confusion or manipulation at a later date.
- Ensure proper custody of answer scripts so as to obviate any scope for replacement of answer scripts.
- Always ensure that the members of the Interview Board/Selection Committee are officers/persons of known integrity.
- Ensure proper marking in the typing/ dictation test by developing a mechanism to counter-check instances of ignoring mistakes so as to favour certain candidates.
- Panel of qualified candidates should be prepared strictly on merit and as per laid down rules.
- Send the interview letters, appointment letters invariably through registered post(A/D) so as to maintain record of despatch of such letters.
- Never mismanage the record of the applications received against an employment notice.
- Don't manipulate marks in the answer sheets so as to favour prospective candidates.
- Never pre-date a. late application and accept the same against an employment notice.
- Do not destroy answer sheets after written tests. This would amount to destroying the evidence against any allegation of mal-practice.
- Never prepare an unnecessarily long and disproportionate panel of the selected candidates.
- Don't allow the validity of the Selection list/Panel to expire without filling the vacancies unless there are tangible reasons for the same.
- Don't misuse position to influence directly or indirectly to secure employment for any person related to employee/spouse.
- Don't permit any member of the family to accept employment with any Company or firm being officially dealt with by you except with the previous sanction of the Competent Authority
- Ensure that the members of the Interview Board evaluate a candidate concerning all the columns provided in the prescribed proforma. They must give marks against each column and put their signatures on the proforma duly completed.
- Always verify the doubtful caste certificates, experience certificates and qualification certificates in advance rather than postponing it to a later date after selection of the disputed candidates.
- Follow the scrupulously examination antecedents laid down instructions regarding medical and verification of antecedents.
- Don't forget to give prior intimation to the Competent Authority in writing, in case any person related to you is a candidate for any post in the Company. Better, not to be involved in the process of selection, particularly being a member of the Selection Committee.
- No person, other than the ones approved by the Competent Authority/Recruitment Rules, by designation or by name, should be the member of the Interview Board.