Jump to navigation
General points of Safety
- Switch off the electrical points while not in use. This will not only give an economic saving, but also avoid unforeseen accidents. Remember that this is a national saving too.
- Keep the workplace clean.
- Don't forget to switch off the lights and other electrical gadgets while leaving the area of work.
- Don't allow/advise anybody to work without taking safety measures in hazardous areas.
- Report all accidents/injuries to the Company Dispensary irrespective of their nature.
- Inform about occupational health and safety measures to your colleagues/ employees.
- Ensure that First Aid Box is kept in your Section/Department and replenish it with due care and caution to meet emergency need.
- Ensure close supervision while employees are working in an area where hazardous gases/chemicals are in use.
- Ensure that all floors, stairs, passages, emergency exits, water-body etc. are in good condition, properly maintained and free from obstructions.
- Use suitable eye protection against particles/fragments thrown of in the course of any process like excessive light, chemicals, gases, welding, dust, fly ash etc.
- Ensure that sufficient number of fire extinguishers are kept at your work place and are in good working condition and properly maintained.
- Warning/caution signs are posted because of specific hazards and should not be ignored. Removal/alteration by persons other than those authorised to do so is prohibited.
- Do not operate any equipment without authority.
- Do not make the safety devices in-operative.
- Do not use the damaged/unsafe equipment and tools.
- Do not work in hazardous area without permit.
- Do not use any hazardous chemicals if the usable date has expired.
- Do not use compressed air for removing dust from your clothes.
- Do not overload the lifting machines than their designed capacity.
- Don't leave the floor openings unattended.