- About MeitY
- Vision & Mission
- Organization Chart
- Functions of Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology
- Who's Who
- Official Language Activities
- Citizens' Charter
- Vigilance & Grievances
- Performance Management
- Integrated Finances
- Acts & Policies
- Controller of Accounts
- Immovable Property Return
- Web Information Manager
- Know Your Ministers
- Visitor Pass
On Going R&D Projects under NPPE Phase II
Tue, 09/09/2014 - 16:04 — webmaster
1. 3 D Telepresence, Brain machine interface, protocol for robotic team
A project is underway at IIT Delhi , with the objective to develop, Perception and attention mechanism motivated 3D tele-presence system (algorithms and software), Development of brain-machine interface for brain directed control of interfacing devices including robotic manipulators (algorithms and embedded system), Development of Social interaction and Collective cooperation model and protocol for deploying robot teams for disaster management (co-operation and co-ordination protocol with software and hardware implementation)
2. Development of Speech Training and Perception Aids for Persons with Hearing Impairment and Haptic System for Analyzing the Level of Motor Disorder
A project is underway at IIT Bombay to develop algorithms for speech intelligibility improvement, vocal tract shape estimation, classification of motor disorders. Prototypes for real-time speech intelligibility enhancement system, speech training set-up. Haptic system for classification and quantification of motor disorders. Publications & reports: 12 research papers, 4 patents, 3 PhD theses, 9 M.Tech theses.
3. Technology Development For Early Diagnosis of Alzheimer’s Disease From Visuospatial Perception Profile Using Functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging
A project is implemented at NBRC, Manesar to develop standardization of VSP scale,
VSP fMRI data from 75 AD, 75 aMCI brains and 60 healthy elderly brains.
Time-series analysis of fMRI data
Follow-up fMRI imaging from the same control, aMCI, and AD subjects.
Comparison and analysis of the VSP network changes in subjects with respect to disease progression
Development and testing of the VSP scale. Testing the predictive accuracy and reliability of VSP scale as a diagnostic methodology for AD.
4. Spatiotemporal Dynamics of the Neural System: Feasibility study of perceptual spatiotemporal mapping and information flux imaging with clinical applicability
A project is implemented at NBRC, Manesar to construct an information flux image of the brain, representing it graphically by information flux tensor using informatics concepts as used in communication engineering. To marshall the likelihood of a novel computational functional mapping technique, Dynamic activation tensor mapping, to investigate directionally-dependent neurotransmission, which is not well amenable to the commonly-used scalar-vector analysis. To elucidate the utility of a quantitative analysis of the matrix relationship between the spatiotemporal representation of the sensory space and the motor space (the perception-action coupling matrix). To execute the possibility of application of neural-network implementation of the coupling tensor in neuromorphic systems and brain-inspired robotics.
5. Cognitive, psychosocial and neuropsychological correlates of proposed perception based tele-presence systems, reasoning processes and emotional states
A project is implemented at Jadavpur University for investigating the cognitive, psychosocial and neuropsychological correlates of proposed perception based tele-presence systems, reasoning processes and emotional states. Soft-deliverables such as technological knowhow, cognition based plou-ins for perception based algorithms being developed by IIT Delhi, CSIR CEERI-Pilani.
6. Design of an Embedded System for Low Cost Haptic Rendering of Emotion Expressions to the Blind
A project is underway at CSIR-CEERI with the objective of designing of an Embedded system for low cost haptic rendering of emotion expressions of a person to the blind (Hardware). Field Trial of the Low Cost Tele-Teaching System in Schools.
7. Serious games, abnormality detection using CAD, Coordinated robotic exploration
A project is underway at IIIT Hyderabad, with the objective of developing two serious games for each of the domains (army/military & police training), human behavious models for the effectiveness of serious games for critical training, cognitive engine for serious game design. A computer assisted diagnostic (CAD) tool based on the understanding of the medical image perception will form the basis for the training tool. Developing algorithms and knowhow for collaborative mapping and exploration with an emphasis on searching and detection for objects.
8. Perception based research in Handwriting, emotion, olfaction by CDAC, Kolkata.
A project is underway at CDAC, Kolkata to develop Olfactory Sensing System for Biomedical Applications. Emotion Recognition Engine for Bangla Speech based on Human Perceptual Cues. Perception based decision support system for automatic Handwriting behavior analysis for deception detection.