- About MeitY
- Vision & Mission
- Organization Chart
- Functions of Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology
- Who's Who
- Official Language Activities
- Citizens' Charter
- Vigilance & Grievances
- Performance Management
- Integrated Finances
- Acts & Policies
- Controller of Accounts
- Immovable Property Return
- Web Information Manager
- Know Your Ministers
- Visitor Pass
Fri, 02/26/2016 - 15:47 — webmaster
In order to enhance innovation, competitiveness and economic growth in India, it is imperative to harness IP. More specifically, with the phenomenal growth of Indian E&IT sector and its need to move up the value chain, it is important that to foster innovation, IPR generated in India needs to be legally protected and exploited. Low awareness of IPR procedures and methodologies specifically for a complex area like E&IT is one of the reasons for a low IP portfolio from India.
To address the above, DeitY has initiated a scheme to provide financial support to academic institutions, industry bodies and DeitY autonomous societies for conducting IPR awareness workshops.
The salient features of the scheme are:
- The scheme is for a period of 5 years i.e. upto 30.11.2019.
- Educational institutes providing technical education in Electronics & Information Technology domain and preferably having technology incubation park/entrepreneurship cell are eligible for support under the programme.
- Industry bodies like MAIT, ELCINA, CII, NASSCOM, FICCI, IESA, ASSOCHAM etc. are eligible for support for conducting awareness programmes proposed for working Professional and innovators.
- DeitY Societies or DeitY Autonomous bodies are eligible for support for workshops/seminars involving international experts.
- Financial assistance in the form of Grant-in-Aid will be provided to eligible institutions for organizing IPR Awareness workshops/seminars. The funding will be restricted as per following criterion:
(i) Support for awareness programmes in educational institutes will be limited to Rs.2.0 Lakhs per programme
(ii) Rs 3.0 Lakhs for awareness programmes to be organized by industry bodies.
(iii) Rs 5.0 Lakhs for workshops to be organized by DeitY Societies and DeitY Autonomous bodies and involving international experts.
How to Apply
Proposals for support under the programme will be received online. Application forms are available at http://www.ict-ipr.in/sipeit/IPRForm
List of supported programmes under the scheme
For more information visit: http://www.ict-ipr.in/sipeit/IPRForm