THE GAZETTE OF INDIA
Part II- Section 3, Sub-Section (i)
MINISTRY OF COMMUNICATIONS AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
(Department of Information Technology)
New Delhi, the 19th September, 2002
1. In exercise of the powers conferred by sub-section (1) of section 86 of the Information Technology Act, 2000(21 0f 2000), the Central Government hereby makes the following Order, namely:-
- This Order may be called the Information Technology (Removal of Difficulties) Order, 2002.
- It shall come into force at once.
2. In section 25 of the Information Technology Act, 2000 (21 of 2000) (hereinafter referred to as the said Act), in sub-section (1), for clause (c), the following clause shall be substituted, namely:-
(c) failed to maintain the procedures and standards specified in section 30."
3. In section 40 of the said Act-
- the word "then" shall be omitted.
- for the words " the key", the words "that key" shall be substituted.
4. In section 42 of the said Act, in sub-section (1), the words "to a person not authorised to affix the digital signature of the subscriber" shall be omitted.
5. In section 63 of the said Act, in sub-section (1), for the word "Chapter", the word "Act" shall be substituted.
6. In section 89 of the said Act, in sub-section (2) for the brackets and letter "(m)" the brackets and letter "(n)" shall be constituted.
(S. Lakshminarayanan), Additional Secretary