- About MeitY
- Vision & Mission
- Organization Chart
- Functions of Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology
- Who's Who
- Official Language Activities
- Citizens' Charter
- Vigilance & Grievances
- Performance Management
- Integrated Finances
- Acts & Policies
- Controller of Accounts
- Immovable Property Return
- Web Information Manager
- Know Your Ministers
- Visitor Pass
Major Research Output
Tue, 02/16/2016 - 15:34 — webmaster
Transfer of Technology (ToT) / Commercialization:
· Pulse Oximeter - Technology transferred to REIL Jaipur.
· Microwave Disinfection System for Hospital waste - Technology transferred to SS Medical System, Lucknow.
· Medical LINAC - Technology transferred to Panacea Medical Technologies Bangalore.
· Closed Loop Anesthesia Delivery System (CLADS) - Technology transferred to Clarity Medical Pvt. Ltd., Mohali.
1. Deployment of indigenously developed 6 MV Medical Linear Accelerator for cancer treatment: During the first phase of the Jai Vigyan Mission project for deployment of Linear Accelerator machines, two machines (Siddhartha 1 & 2) were developed and commissioned- one at Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences (MGIMS), Wardha and the other at the Cancer Institute Adyar for treatment of cancer patients. More than 1,40,000 patient exposures have been done for cancer treatment using these machines. During the second phase of this activity, it is envisaged to deploy four 6 MV medical Linear Accelerator (LINAC) machines for cancer treatment in four hospitals. All the four hospitals have been identified. The first LINAC Machine has been commissioned at Indore Hospital and patients are being treated using this machine. The Siddhartha LINAC Machine at Amravati is under commissioning as per AERB guidelines. Hospitals at Chiplun & Bangalore have been identified for commissioning of remaining two LINAC Machines and site preparation is under progress.
2. Closed Loop Anesthesia Delivery System (CLADS) is an automated anesthesia delivery system developed by PGIMER, Chandigarh in which syringe infusion pumps for delivering different anesthetic drugs and the patient monitors are interfaced to a computer which uses an algorithm defined to control these syringe pumps based on the patient characteristics as well as continuous feedback of patient condition from the monitor.
3. Radiation Field Analyzer (RFA) is used to measure the radiation beam profile of medical linear accelerator in water cuboid. In the radiation therapy treatment planning process it is essential to determine the radiation dose distribution emanating from radiation source and as it enters the body of the patient. The probabilities of local control and complications are sensitive functions of dose delivered. Therefore, accurate knowledge of dose at all critical points within the body is essential.
4. Technology upgradation of Pulse Oximeter Pulse Oximeter is a portable, non-invasive monitor of oxygen saturation that enables prompt recognition of hypoxemia. Pulse Oximetry basically measures oxygen saturation, the percentage of hemoglobin saturated with oxygen and Pulse Rate. Technology has been developed by CSIO, Chandigarh and transferred to REIL, Jaipur.
5. 2.6 MW Pulse Magnetron has been developed by CEERI Pilani and its testing on 6 MV LINAC at SAMEER, Mumbai has been successfully completed. Magnetron is a high power microwave source which is used in LINAC machine for acceleration of electron beams to energies to produce X-rays of required wavelength and intensity. Magnetron provides an economical solution for use in Linear Accelerator based X-ray machines which are extensively used for medical, industrial and security applications.
6. Multileaf collimators developed by SAMEER are used on linear accelerators to provide conformal shaping of radiotherapy treatment beams. The Multileaf collimator (MLC) has become essential component for radiation therapy delivery. The technology to adjust leaf positions during beam delivery based on a predetermined leaf sequence facilitating Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT) provides required doses to the tumor based on the shape of the beam.
7. Automated Traction Unit developed by C-DAC, Mohali is a complete system designed to provide precise traction force for physiotherapy purposes. The pull stretches the musculature and connective tissue components of the cervical spine to relieve the inter-vertebral pressures; thereby relieving the associated cervical and lumbar pains.
8. Microwave Hospital Disinfectant System was developed by SAMEER with the objective to design and fabricate a microwave incinerator system to demonstrate the technology for disinfecting microbiological and infectious waste from hospitals or laboratories using microwave technology without creating environmental pollution. The technology for Microwave Disinfectant System was transferred to M/s S.S Medical System, Lucknow.
· Closed Loop Anesthesia Delivery System (CLADS) Patented in US, Europe and India.
· Medical Image Analyzer for Cervical Cancer (CerviScan) Patent applied in India.