- About MeitY
- Vision & Mission
- Organization Chart
- Functions of Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology
- Who's Who
- Official Language Activities
- Citizens' Charter
- Vigilance & Grievances
- Performance Management
- Integrated Finances
- Acts & Policies
- Controller of Accounts
- Immovable Property Return
- Web Information Manager
- Know Your Ministers
- Visitor Pass
Network Service Providers Not to be Liable in Certain Cases
Thu, 01/21/2010 - 22:49 — admin
79. Network service providers not to be liable in certain cases.
For the removal of doubts, it is hereby declared that no person providing any service as a network service provider shall be liable under this Act, rules or regulations made thereunder for any third party information or data made available by him if he proves that the offence or contravention was committed without his knowledge or that he had exercised all due diligence to prevent the commission of such offence or contravention.
Explanation.-For the purposes of this section, -
- "network service provider" means an intermediary.
- "third party information" means any information dealt with by a network service provider in his capacity as an intermediary.