- About MeitY
- Vision & Mission
- Organization Chart
- Functions of Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology
- Who's Who
- Official Language Activities
- Citizens' Charter
- Vigilance & Grievances
- Performance Management
- Integrated Finances
- Acts & Policies
- Controller of Accounts
- Immovable Property Return
- Web Information Manager
- Know Your Ministers
- Visitor Pass
PayGov India National Payment Service platform
Wed, 08/13/2014 - 13:52 — webmaster
Over the past decade, there have been a large number of e-Governance initiatives in the country at the National, State, District and even Block level. Government of India (GoI) perceived that if e-Governance was to be speeded up across the various arms of government at the National, State and local government level, a programme-approach would need to be adopted, which must be guided by a common vision, strategy and approach to objectives. With a view to make all Government services accessible to the common man in his locality, through common service delivery outlets and ensure efficiency, transparency & reliability of such services at affordable costs to realize the basic needs of the common man, the National e-Governance Plan (NeGP) was formulated by the GoI, for implementation across the country. NeGP envisages web-enabled anytime, anywhere access to information and services across the country, especially in rural and remote parts of India. Department of Electronics and Information Technology (DeitY) has envisaged common e-Governance infrastructure that will offer end-to-end transactional experience for a citizen which includes accessing various services through internet with payment gateway interface for online payments.
In this regard, DeitY along with NSDL Database Management Ltd (NDML) has created a common infrastructure that can be used by Center/States/Departments to offer various services through their National / State portals with a facility to make online payment using net banking, credit cards and debit cards. PayGov India offers a range of payment options through which a payment can be made by the citizen to avail a service. The different options available to a citizen are:
- Net banking (approx. 65+ banks)
- Debit card
- Credit card
- Cash Cards/ Wallets
- NEFT/ RTGS
The charges levied for a citizen/department are approved by DeitY. Any revision of charges, will be automatically applied to all Government Departments on board PayGov India and the same is advised through a DeitY advisory to the Central and State Governments.
1. Advantages in Process
- One Platform for Payments and Settlement – PayGov India is used for Payments (Citizen debiting its bank/ card account for Payment to Govt. Dept.) and Settlements (monies getting settled in relevant tax head – major/minor head into government treasury with challan – including BSR+CIN of a Agency Bank or Bank Account of Department/ PSU/ Local Bodies – Municipals). In case of treasury payments, the monies as per RBI guidelines will be settled into treasury at T+1
- Unified process across all channels (Net banking/ Cards – Debit+ Credit cards/ IMPS/ Wallets/ Cash Cards) – no different treatment of NEFT/ RTGS or any other channel.
- Managed MIS & Reports – MIS is generated as per the requirement and format prescribed by the Govt. Portal.
- Treatment of Broken Transactions – As per the policy, the Govt. Dept. portals can auto-settle or auto-cancel or settle as per advice of the Govt. Dept. through an automated processes.
2. Advantages of Operations
Experienced in managing all day-to-day process, which includes
- Daily Settlements process — the settlement process runs post End of Day (EOD) with all the Govt. departments for its settlements and depending upon the policies broken transactions are also addressed.
- Daily Payments process – The payments process runs 24/7 for the Citizen to make the payments on the payment platform and at EOD it remits all the payments received into a Govt. treasury/ Bank Account.
- Daily Exceptions handling – Exception handling process runs as-and-when required, if any exceptions arise in the system and requires a special treatment for those transactions.
- Daily Reconciliations Process – The reconciliation process runs with the banks daily to ensure no transaction is missed and all transactions are settled or refunded back to the customers’ account.
- Daily Refunds executions – Depending upon the Govt. Dept. one may or may-not have refunds, however PayGov India provides an interface for the refunds.
3. Aggregation of all payment channels
The largest aggregated platform that is available in India, with all payment channels with all payment options. All 100+ entities that a citizen can pay from are managed by Paygov India as a day-to-day activity.
- Net Banking (65+ Banks)
- Debit card (Visa/ MasterCard/ Maestro/ RuPay/ ATM Cards)
- Credit Cards (Visa/ MasterCard/ Amex/ Dinners)
- IMPS (Via NPCI)
- Cash cards/ Wallets
4. Other Benefits
- Single Point of technical integrations – Integrate only once
- No need to integrate with various banks.
- No regular maintenance, as all maintenance with respect to banks and Cards is done by PayGov India. Eg. Any new security/ audit directives from statuary bodies (RBI) are met by PayGov India.
- No Statuary compliance – as PayGov complies with banks/ cards network compliance requirements.
- No audits from partners banks/ card networks – as the audit requirements are met by PayGov India.
- 24/7 data centric MIS are reports both for real time and End of Day (EOD) for Govt. Departments as and when they want in their formats.
- No change at Govt. portal– No change is required at when a new channel is added -- Egs. NEFT/ RTGS adding as an additional channel.
- Standardization of MIS and operations– Standardized operations teams at the Govt. Portals end. No need to maintain and coordinate with internal teams of various banks. Egs. NEFT/ RTGS no different from Net banking transactions.
- Query Support– PayGov India system allows to be queried for a status of a transaction and returns the status. Govt. portal can synchronize itself with PayGov India for the transaction status in real-time.
- Technology Agnostic– PayGov is agnostic to the technology platform used at the Govt. Portals end.