Through the technology development/demonstration projects supported by the Division, number of state-of- the art technologies have been developed and successfully demonstrated to the end users in the field as well as at industrial sites.
Technologies transferred to industry:
- Train Communication Network and Vehicle Communication Unit (TCN/VCU).
- ON Line Double conversion UPS System for Medium / High Capacity (Green UPS).
- Static Compensator (STATCOM).
- Wireless Traffic Control System (WiTrac).
- Red Light Violation Detection System (RLVDS).
- Composite Signal Control Strategy for Wireless Traffic Control System (CoSiCoSt-W).
- Traffic Signal Monitoring and Management.
- Open Flexible SCADA technology.
- Phasor Measurement Unit.
- Multiloop Controller.
- Steam Temperature Controller System.
- Industrial Process Controller.
- Handheld Electronic Nose.
- Automation Systems for Retro-fittment of Mini-Hydel Stations.
- Custom Power Technology.
- Urban Traffic Control System.
- Area Traffic Control System (part of Intelligent Transport System).
- Black Box for Automobiles.
- Small Autonomous Underwater Vehicle (AUV).
- Automatic Counterfeit Currency Detector.
Technologies available for commercial exploitation:
Power Electronics Technologies
- Grid Connected Solar Photo Voltaic Power Plant.
- Full Spectrum Simulator (FSS) for Power Electronics and Power Systems.
- Miniature Model of FSS for Power Electronics and Power Systems.
- High Speed Reconfigurable Power Electronics Controller.
- 400 Hz Inverter for Air Borne Applications.
- DC-DC Converter for SPV applications.
- Low Cost Power Quality Analyser for industrial & commercial applications.
- Autonomic Real Time Multiprotocol Gateway.
- Vehicle Control Unit and Train Communication Network for Electric Locomotive.
Technologies for Transportation
- Wireless Traffic Control System.
- Intelligent Parking lot Management System.
- Red-light Violation Detection System.
- Low Voltage Embedded Controller for Hybrid Electric Three Wheeler.
- Industrial Colour Sensing System (i-COSS).
- Industrial grade Low Power Controller (i-LOC).
- Industrial general purpose Controller using PC boards (i-CON).
- Industrial System Monitoring Autonomous Remote Terminal (i-SMART).
- Industrial communication Gateway (i-Gate).
- Industrial Real-time Expert System Shell (i-RESS).
- Industrial Simulation Platform (i-SimP).
- Industrial Wireless Sensor (i-WiSe).
- Industrial Wireless Base Station (i-WaSe).
- Synchronous Phasor Measurement Unit (PMU).
- SCADA/ HMI Software industrial Range Open SCADA SoftwarE (i-ROSE) - Consisting of the following modules:
- Industrial Web based Automation Control System (i-WACS).
- Industrial Flexible Automation & Control Engine (i-FACE).
- Industrial Remote Configuration (i-ROC).
- Industrial Data logger (i-Dlog).
- Industrial Coal Mill soft Sensor (i-CoMS).
- Industrial Steam Temperature Control (i-STeC).
- Handheld Electronic Nose (HEN).
- Resham Darshan.
- Obnoxious Odour Measurement System.
- Portable Electronic Tongue.
Technologies for Textile, Paper & Industrial manufacturing
- Computer Controlled New Drafting System to produce multi colour pattern blending to get fancy effect in garment and made ups.
- IT based Model for developing Optimised Body Measurement Charts from Anthropometric Data.
- Automated Liquid Media Dispensing System.
- WebNC- Internet based Collaborative Design & Manufacturing System for Intelligent CNC Machining.
- Hybrid Layered Manufacturing.
- Paper Dirt Speck Analyser.
- Pump Efficiency Monitoring System.
Patent under Transportation Programme
- “A Method for Synchronizing Heterogeneous Road Traffic and System Thereof”. Patent No.239258 (patent awarded).
- Distributed Time Synchronization of Road Traffic Signal Controllers using GPS. (patent awarded).
- Simulation of Mixed Traffic Mobility SiMTraM (Patent Filed).
- A System for Real Time Assessment of Level of Alertness” (Patent Filed: 634/KOL/2013).
- “A Real-Time System for Object Detection and Recognition with Machine Learning” (Filed: 647/Kol/2013).
Patents under ASTeC Programme
- “A Device for the Measurement of Residual Chlorine used as a Disinfectant in Drinking Water” Patent no: 243383 (Patent awarded).
- “A Method and System for Designing A Multi-Hop Wireless Sensor Network" Application no: 52/CHE/2012 04/01/2012.
- “A sustainable boiler Super heater temperature controller for the accurate control of superheater outlet steam temperature". Application no: 388/CHE/2011 11-02-2011.
- “A sustainable combustion control system using inferential measurement of pulverized coal flow for improved combustion efficiency and reduced emissions – a retrofit for Thermal Power plants". Filed on 14-06-2011.
- “A Chlorine Booster System for Drinking Water Distribution". Filed on 19-09-2008.
- “A Dynamic Chlorination System for the Distribution of Drinking Water". Filed on 19-03-2008
Patents under NaMPET Programme
- “A Circuit to Reduce Stray Inductance and a 3 Phase Converter” (Patent No.251807 awarded on 4.4.2012).
- “Selective Harmonic Detection”. Filed.
- “Device and Method for Real-Time Monitoring and Control of Distributed Power Generating Stations” – Filed.
- “Miniaturized, High Power Density Power Electronic System on a Chip” – Filed.
- “An Electronic Assembly for voltage balancing during turn-on of semiconductor devices” - Filed.
- “System for Securing User Identify Information and a Device thereof” – Filed.
Patents under eAgriEn Programme
- Apparatus and methodlogy for Measurement of Obnoxious Odorant Concentrations And Odour Intensity In Pulp And Paper Industry. (Application No. 991/KOL/2014, Filed on 25.09.2014).
- Apparatus for flavour detection and gradation of tea. (Application No. 966/KOL/2013, Filed on 21.08.2013).
- e-tongue device for characterization of taste and quality of water, tea and other food and beverages. (Application No. 670/KOL/2014, Filed on 20.06.2014).
- A system and a method for estimating silk-content in cocoons. (Application No. 110/KOL/2015, Filed on 30.01.2015).
- Apparatus for grading of silk yarn based on colour characterization and methodology therefor. (Application No. 617/KOL/2013, Filed on 28.05.2013).
- Apparatus for detection of sporozoal infection in silk moth and methodology therefor. (Application No. 1220/KOL/2013, Filed on 28.10.2013).
- Aroma based food quality measurement machine for tea testing. (Application No. 87/KOL/2010, Filed on 01.02.2010).
- Instrument for appearance based fermentation. (Application No. 403/KOL/2010, Filed on 08.04.2010).
- Process monitoring in tea. (Application No. 463/KOL/2010, Filed on 23.04.2010).
- Tea quality measuring instrument based on taste. (Application No. 1001/KOL/2010, Filed on 10.09.2010).
- Instrument for instant analysis of particle size distribution in bulk tea. (Application No. 1002/KOL/2010, Filed on 10.09.2010).
- Instrument for measurement of quality of finished tea based on appearance. (Application No. 147/DEL/2012, Filed on 17.01.2012).
- Instrument for measurement of rice quality based on appearance. (Application No. 1359/DEL/2012, Filed on 03.05.2012).
- Apparatus for aroma based quality detection of aromatic rice and a method thereof. (Application No. 617/KOL/2013, Filed on 28.05.2013).
- Appratus for flavour detection and gradation of tea. (Application No. 1220/KOL/2013, Filed on 28.10.2013).
10 copyrights have been obtained.