- About MeitY
- Vision & Mission
- Organization Chart
- Functions of Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology
- Who's Who
- Official Language Activities
- Citizens' Charter
- Vigilance & Grievances
- Performance Management
- Integrated Finances
- Acts & Policies
- Controller of Accounts
- Immovable Property Return
- Web Information Manager
- Know Your Ministers
- Visitor Pass
Right to Information
Thu, 04/08/2010 - 16:27 — admin
Right to Information Act - 2005
- RTI Act(External Website that opens in a new window)
- Download RTI Act(390 KB)
- Documents under 4 (1)(b):- MeitY (Hq.)
- PIO's Details
- Thrust Areas of the MeitY
(i) The particulars of its organisation, functions and duties.
- Organisation Chart
- Allocation of Business Rules
- Organisational Objectives
- List of Group Coordinators and Head of Divisions in Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology and their respective Groups/Divisions/Units
- Duties of Groups/Divisions
- Broad Responsibilities of Senior Officers (Group Coordinators) in MeitY
- Manpower Strength of MeitY
- List and address of all the organizations and their Head in MeitY
- Work Distribution of “Digital India”
(ii) The powers and duties of its officers and employees.
- Delegation of Powers
- Allocation of responsibilities/Assignments Among Offier and their Reporting Pattern in each Divison (Half yearly report ending 31.12.2015)
(iii) The procedure followed in the decision making process, including channels of supervision and accountability.
(iv) The norms set by it for the discharge of its functions
- Norms (issued by O&M)- Fixation of time limit for disposal of applications/requests received from Officers / Staff
- Norms ( issued by other than O&M) - Groupwise information
- Transfer Policy of MeitY
(v) The rules, regulations, instructions, manuals and records, held by it or under its control or used by its employees for discharging its functions
(vi) A statement of the categories of documents that are held by it or under its control
(vii) The particulars of any arrangement that exists for consultation with, or representation by the members of the public in relation to the formulation of its policy or implementation thereof
(viii) A statement of the boards, councils, committees and other bodies consisting of two or more persons constituted as its part or for the purpose of its advise, and as to whether meetings of those boards, councils, committees and other bodies are open to the public, or the minutes of such meetings are accessible for public
(ix) A directory of its officers and employees.
(x) The monthly remuneration received by each its officers and employees, including the system of compensation as provided in its regulations
(xi) The budged allocated to each of its agency, indicating the particulars of all plans, proposed expenditures and reports on disbursements made;
(xii) The manner of execution of subsidy programmes, including the amounts allocated and the details of beneficiaries of such programmes
- MeitY(Hq.) -NOT APPLICABLE
(xiii) Particulars of concessions, permits or authorizations granted by it.
- MeitY(Hq.) -NOT APPLICABLE
(xiv) Details in respect of the information, available to or held by it, reduced in an electronic form
The main site of the Ministry http://www.deity.gov.in/ (External website that opens in a new window) is a comprehensive bilingual site (http://www.deity.gov.in (External website that opens in a new window)), both in Hindi and English. The site aims at creating better awareness of Indian Electronics and Information Technology industries, globally. The site contains information about MeitY and its organizations, investment opportunities, technology and application development, human resource development, infrastructure facilities, production and exports data, guidelines for R&D, IT Act 2000, Vigilance, MeitY publications and the links to other sites of interest in the country.
The following areas/applications have been computerized in MeitY (Hq.) in association with NIC:
- File Tracking & Office Procedure Automation (Work Flow Applications)
- Expenditure Monitoring
- Project Monitoring
- Parliament Question and Answer System
- Cash & Accounts(Pay Slip, GPF Details, Income Tax Statement)
- Personnel Administration( Personal data, leave data, education data)
- Messaging and Collaborative Services
- Notice Board
- Knowledge Management
- Forms - download
- Finance, Pay & Accounts databases
- Inventory Management, Security Passes
- Foreign Visit Details
(xv) The particulars of facilities available to citizens for obtaining information, including the working hours of a library or reading room, if maintained for public use;
For information (under the RTI Act, 2005) the citizens may approach the Public Information Officer (RTI) of MeitY(Hq.) available from 10:00 hrs to 13:00 hrs on each day (except Thursday and Friday). The Office of PIO (RTI) is located on first floor of the Electronics Niketan (Room No.1016). The information pertaining to MeitY is also available on MeitY Portal(External Website that opens in a new window) in detailed. Further, the citizens may also approach the PIO (RTI) using e-Mail address pio.dit_hq AT mit.gov.in.
Two PC's and a photo copier are available in the Office of PIO(RTI) for facilitating quick information to the citizens on request, as per relevant provisions of the RTI Act.
(xvi) The names, designations and other particulars of the Public Information Officers
(xvii) Such other information as may be prescribed
While all efforts have been made to make this website as authentic as possible, the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology will not be responsible for any loss to any person caused by any shortcoming, defect or inaccuracy in the information available on Website. Any discrepancy found may be brought to the notice of the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology.
(xviii) Such other information as may be prescribed
No Other Information at this time.