- About MeitY
- Vision & Mission
- Organization Chart
- Functions of Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology
- Who's Who
- Official Language Activities
- Citizens' Charter
- Vigilance & Grievances
- Performance Management
- Integrated Finances
- Acts & Policies
- Controller of Accounts
- Immovable Property Return
- Web Information Manager
- Know Your Ministers
- Visitor Pass
Thu, 03/11/2010 - 16:03 — admin
The ultimate goal of IT For Masses has been "INCLUSIVE GROWTH" which will be achieved through skill development, capacity building exercise, empowering Women (predominantly SC/ST) and creating IT Infrastructure for their use. In order to achieve the objectives the project proposals are in the following areas:
- Training: This will include training to Women/SC/ST, School children and teachers on ICT(Information Communication Technologies) programmes as well as specialized IT Courses for skill development, entrepreneurship and personality development.
- Infrastructure: This will have dedicated funds contributed for capacity building with respect to Women/SC/ST, creating specialized software for them as well as providing them digital devices for their use.
- Entrepreneurial Creation: This will help Women/SC/ST to attain confidence to work independently on computer and earn a living for their family.
GBS (Gross Budgetary support) approved stands at Rs 156.00 crores for the Eleventh Plan period. The sum approved under GBS and expenditures for the respective years of "IT for Masses" Scheme is placed here. (Rs. in Crore)
|2009-10||8.00||5.30 (till 10.12 2009)|