I. General Conditions
- R&D institutes, IITs, NITs, Central/State Govt. Universities, IIITs, Scientific Societies/Bodies of Govt. Departments, registered professional bodies and industry associations related to ICT Sector, R&D organizations and NGOs registered under the Societies Registration Act 1860 will be eligible to receive Grants-in-aid under this scheme for organizing conferences/seminars/workshops/symposia at regional, national or international level.
- Gants will be made for specific purpose as approved by Department of Electronics & Information Technology (DeitY).
- No part of grant shall be utilized by the grantee organization for creation of acquisition of permanent or semi-permanent assets unless specifically approved by DeitY in exceptional cases. The subsequent disposal of such assets will be undertaken by the grantee organization in accordance with such directives as may be given by DeitY in such case on merits.
- The expenditure will be incurred by the organization concerned to which the grant is given according to the rules followed by that organization. The grantee organization shall render Utilization Certificate in Form GFR 19-A and Audited Statement of Accounts to the DeitY in respect of grant-in-aid within 30 days of completion of event.
- The audit authorities as well as the Department of Electronics & Information Technology shall have the authority to call for such details and documents as they deem necessary in order to satisfy themselves that the grant has been utilized in accordance with rules & for the purpose for which it has been given and it shall be the duty of the grantee organization to furnish to the Audit authorities and the Department of Electronics & Information Technology the information and documents required by them.
- The authority for sanctioning the grant-in-aid will be as per internal delegation of power in DeitY.
- The organization's standing in the subject of event as evidenced by its prior activities be indicated.
- Priority is to be given to the following categories:-
- Specialized meetings/Conferences in emerging/Futuristic technologies or in the area of high societal impact.
- Issues of current importance like choosing of technological alternatives, DeitY’s Policy matters, assessment of future directions, technology assessment and forecasting etc.
- "Recipients of grants will execute the prescribed bond as per Government instructions in force. They may also follow other instructions as given in GFR".
II. Specific Conditions Attached to the programmes Grant-in-aid for publications
The organizations applying for grant-in-aid should submit to the DeitY, the total estimated cost showing its break-up among various items, such as, paper, printing, etc. along with the applications.
- The organization applying for such grant-in-aid should clearly indicate in its application the purpose for which assistance is required and the results proposed to be achieved by the publication.
- 'Assistance will be available both for 'one-time' publications as well as for 'periodicals'.
- The objective of supporting a periodical would be basically to put the deserving among them on their feet in the shortest possible time and will be admissible for a maximum period of five years.
- The application for grant should clearly indicate whether the publication for which the financial assistance is sought is proposed to be sold and MCIT, reserves the right to stipulate that the sole-proceeds of the publication shall be credited to government.
- Two copies of the publication will be given to DeitY free of cost.
III. Conditions Attached to grant for arranging seminars/symposia/exhibitions
- Break-up of the budget estimates will be submitted by the concerned organization covering:
- Local; expense to cover transport, stationary and publication, etc.
- Travel assistance and daily allowance to a selected specified few invitees to be decided by the organization who would not otherwise be able to attend;
- Pre-conference printing (Announcements, abstracts, etc.)
- Publication of proceedings.
- Entertainment, refreshments etc.
- Contingencies which shall not exceed 10% of the budget estimates.