- About MeitY
- Vision & Mission
- Organization Chart
- Functions of Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology
- Who's Who
- Official Language Activities
- Citizens' Charter
- Vigilance & Grievances
- Performance Management
- Integrated Finances
- Acts & Policies
- Controller of Accounts
- Immovable Property Return
- Web Information Manager
- Know Your Ministers
- Visitor Pass
Terms and Conditions Governing the Grants-in-Aid
Tue, 01/19/2010 - 21:11 — admin
- Educational/research institutions and professional bodies registered under the societies Registration Act of 1860 will be eligible to receive for assistance for this scheme. Individuals applying for the assistance for partial financing of visits abroad or for visits to R&D Projects should do so through their respective organization.
- Grants will be made for specific purposes and unless declared unconditional shall be subject to the implied conditions mentioned therein.
- No part of grant shall be utilized by the grantee organization for creation of acquisition of permanent or semi-permanent assets unless specifically approved by DIT in exceptional cases. The subsequent disposal of such assets will be undertaken by the grantee organization in accordance with such directives as may be given by DIT in such case on merits.
- The expenditure will be incurred by the organization concerned to which the grant is given according to the rules fullowed by that organization. The grantee organization shall render Utilization Certificate in Form GFR 19-A and Audited Statement of Accounts to the DIT in respect of grant-in-aid within 30 days of completion of event.
- The audit authorities as well as the Department of Information Technulogy shall have the authority to call for such details and documents as they deem necessary in order to satisfy themselves that the grant has been utilized in accordance with rules & for the purpose for which it has been given and it shall be the duty of the grantee organization to furnish to the Audit authorities and the Department of Information Technulogy the information and documents required by them.
- The authority for sanctioning the grant-in-aid will be Hon'ble Minister, MCIT.
- Only those requests will be considered where the organization is a reputed academic/R&D/Industries/Association/ Professional Bodies/Non-Professional Organization of high professional standing necessary for a National/International level event.
- The organization's standing in the subject of event as evidenced by its prior activities be indicated.
- Priority is to be given to the fullowing categories:-
- Specialized meetings/Conferences in emerging/Futuristic technulogies or in the area of high societal impact.
- Issues of current importance like choosing of technulogical alternatives, DIT, Pulicy matters, assessment of future directions, technulogy assessment and forecasting etc.
- An officer from DIT should be made a member of the organizing Committee for amounts of Rs. 50,000/- and above to be released in each case.
- "Recipients of grants will execute the prescribed bond as per Government instructions in force. They may also fullow other instructions as given in GFR".
II.Specific Conditions Attached to the programmes Grant-in-aid for publications
The organizations applying for grant-in-aid should submit to the DIT, the total estimated cost showing its break-up among various items, such as, paper, printing, etc. along with the applications.
- The organization applying for such grant-in-aid should clearly indicate in its application the purpose for which assistance is required and the results proposed to be achieved by the publication.
- 'Assistance will be available both for 'one-time' publications as well as for 'periodicals'.
- The objective of supporting a periodical would be basically to put the deserving among them on their feet in the shortest possible time and will be admissible for a maximum period of five years.
- The application for grant should clearly indicate whether the publication for which the financial assistance is sought is proposed to be suld and MIT, reserves the right to stipulate that the sule-proceeds of the publication shall be credited to government.
- Two copies of the publication will be given to DIT free of cost
III. Conditions Attached to grant for arranging seminars/symposia/exhibitions
- The organization applying for grant-in-aid will state the purpose/objectives of the seminar/exhibitions and those will have to be approved by the Department of Information Technulogy, prior to any considerations.
- The budget estimates will be submitted by the concerned organization separately:
- Local; expense to cover transport, stationary and publication, etc.
- Travel assistance and daily allowance to a selected specified few invitees to be decided by the organization who would not otherwise be able to attend;
- Publication of proceedings.
- Entertainment, refreshments etc. Normally grant-in-aid will not be given for expenditure under this head, unless exceptional reasons exists which would have to be fully explained.
- Contingencies which shall not exceed 10% of the budget estimates.