- About MeitY
- Vision & Mission
- Organization Chart
- Functions of Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology
- Who's Who
- Official Language Activities
- Citizens' Charter
- Vigilance & Grievances
- Performance Management
- Integrated Finances
- Acts & Policies
- Controller of Accounts
- Immovable Property Return
- Web Information Manager
- Know Your Ministers
- Visitor Pass
Thrust Areas of the MeitY
Sat, 01/16/2010 - 18:06 — admin
Objective of the Department of Electronics and Information Technology
- To make India, a Global Information Technology Super Power and a front-runner in the age of Information revolution.
- To bring the benefits of electronics to every walk of life and to develop the Indian electronics industry as a global player.
- Creation of Wealth
- Employment Generation
- IT led Economic Growth
Thrust Areas of the Department of Electronics and Information Technology
- To facilitate and catalyze adoption of E-governance packages in the Central and State Governments, as the nodal agency for the implementation of the National E-Governance Action Plan.
- Evolve and implement policy packages to propel growth of electronics and hardware manufacturing
- Increase PC penetration in the country
- Increase utilization of internet in the country
- Growth of domestic software market
- Development of local languages inInformation Technology
- To encourage use of IT to increase productivity
- To explore use of IT as a means of generating employment
- In addition, the Ministry is implementing the following 10 Point Agenda :
1. Shall aim at achieving convergence of Information, Communication and Media Technologies. The Department focus would be on PC penetration and thereby bringing Cyber Connectivity to every citizen.
2. To bring about transparency in administration and make government functioning more citizen-centric, the Department would stress on expeditious implementation of the National E-governance Plan.
3. Broadband Connectivity: Providing broadband connectivity to all, at the most reasonable prices.
4. Next Generation Mobile Wireless Technologies: D evelop 4G technology for mobile telephony.
5. National Internet Exchange and Indian Domain Name: To promote for enabling reduced bandwidth cost and better security for internet traffic which originates in India and has destination in India .
6. Migration to New Internet Protocol IPv6: To provide policy framework and promotional measures in the country to enable network providers to migrate to IPv6.
7. Security & Digital Signature: To concentrate on Cyber Infrastructure Protection and to promote the use of Digital Signatures in the financial sector, judiciary and education.
8. Media Lab Asia
9. Language Computing: To enable wide proliferation of ICT in Indian languages.
10. Outsourcing Skilled Manpower and R&D Thrust: To make India the world's hub for outsourcing skilled manpower in the IT sector.