- About MeitY
- Vision & Mission
- Organization Chart
- Functions of Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology
- Who's Who
- Official Language Activities
- Citizens' Charter
- Vigilance & Grievances
- Performance Management
- Integrated Finances
- Acts & Policies
- Controller of Accounts
- Immovable Property Return
- Web Information Manager
- Know Your Ministers
- Visitor Pass
Sat, 01/16/2010 - 18:09 — admin
UNESCAP - Asia Pacific Centre for ICT (APCICT):
- APCICT is a subsidiary body of the United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP). It came into existence in June 2006 at Incheon, Republic of Korea. The Centre mission is to strengthen the efforts of the member countries of ESCAP to use ICT in their socio-economic development through human and institutional capacity building. To meet this objective, APCICT work is focused on three inter-related pillars. They are; training, research and advisory services. Together they form an integrated approach to ICT human capacity building.
- The centre is aimed at creating ICT-ready environment through capacity-building trainings and workshops. Its main areas are ICT applications and development; ICT for development policy, process and governance and e-Government applications.
- India has been member of the Governing Council (GC) of APCICT since its inception and attending the GC meetings. The Department has been funding UN APCICT to the tune of US$ 20,000 per annum.Indian participants have been attending the training programs/workshops/etc organized by APCICT.
- Towards cooperation with APCICT, the department intends to extend its expertise towards development of multi-purpose community e-centers, enhancing Pacific connectivity for improved ICT access, furthering initiatives in HRD and capacity building, etc.
- More information about the programme is available on website http://www.unapcict.org(External website that opens in a new window) (External website that opens in a new window)
United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation (UNESCO):
- In the area of Information and Communication Technology (ICT), during the year 2000, UNESCO has initiated an intergovernmental programme of Information For All (IFA) which is exclusively dedicated to promoting universal access to information and knowledge for development. Through this programme, Governments of the world have pledged to harness the new opportunities of the information age to create equitable societies through better access to information.
- Department of Electronics and Information Technology, Government of India is actively involved in the UNESCO Information For All Programme by providing various national level inputs and information on best practices.
- More information about the IFA programme is available on the UNESCO website http://unesco.org(External website that opens in a new window) (External website that opens in a new window)