To make India a global player in the field of Electronics Manufacturing and to offset disabilities faced by industries for reliable infrastructure, Electronics Manufacturing Clusters (EMC) scheme was notified vide notification no. 252 dated 22nd October, 2012 to provide support for creation of world-class infrastructure for attracting investments in the Electronics Systems Design and Manufacturing (ESDM) Sector. For effective functioning of the scheme, a set of guidelines for operationalization of the EMC scheme were issued on 15th April 2013. The guidelines for EMC contains the requisite project parameters, detailed terms and conditions of the scheme along with the applications forms for making preliminary and final application. The EMCs scheme provides grant assistance for setting up of both Greenfield and Brownfield EMCs across the country. The financial assistance under the scheme is in the form of grant-in-aid only. The Scheme is open for 5 years for receiving applications from the date of notification.
The application form for making application for Greenfield EMCs and Brownfield EMCs are provided on this page. An application can be made by an SPV created for the purpose or by a Chief promoter who may be a public sector or private sector entity. For more details, please see scheme and guideline.
All the applications received under the EMC scheme are considered by Steering Committee for Cluster (SCC) for giving its recommendations to the Government for accord of in- principle / Final approval .
Detailed Scheme and Guidelines thereof may be downloads from the table below:
Policy notifications and guidelines:
- Electronics Manufacturing Cluster Scheme (EMC),DeitY 2012991.16 KB
- Notification of Guidelines for constitution of Special Purpose of Vehicle (SPV) for implementation of Electronics Manufacturing Clusters (EMCs)1.32 MB
- Guidelines for operationalization of Electronics Manufacturing Cluster (EMC),Scheme6.89 MB
- Additional Guidelines under EMC scheme for creation of Greenfield EMC within Large Industrial estates by Government agencies1.01 MB
- Supplements/ Amendment to Guidelines for Electronics Manufacturing Clusters (EMC) Scheme dated 11.12.2014 regarding waiver off PBG for Government agencies1.19 MB
- Notification for Non- Refundable Application fee under EMC Scheme179.71 KB
Revised Application Forms for seeking Grant assistance under EMC Scheme
- Revised Application form for Preliminary Application114.09 KB
- Revised Application form for Final Application133.02 KB
Handbook for Appraisal of applications under EMC Scheme , DeitY
Details of Applications received under EMC Scheme