SUPPORT FOR INTERNATIONAL PATENT PROTECTION IN ELECTRONICS & INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
SIP-EIT is a scheme to provide financial support to MSMEs and Technology Startup units for international patent filing to encourage innovation and recognize the value and capabilities of global IP along with capturing growth opportunities in ICTE sector.
Reimbursement will be limited to a total of Rs 15.0 Lakhs per invention or 50% of the total expenses incurred in filing and processing of patent application upto grant whichever is lesser.
Procedure To Apply Online
The procedure to apply online under the scheme is as follows:
Step I) First of all, go through the brochure thoroughly, and make sure that you fall under the eligibility criteria.
Step II) In order to apply, you need to create a Login ID, which would be used in further communications.
Step III) After you have created your user account, you can Login and Apply Online for the Scheme. Before proceeding to apply online, kindly make sure that you have read the Guidelines thoroughly and also checked the List of documents to be uploaded during filling up of the online application form.
List Of Important Documents To Be Uploaded
- Proof of registrations as per eligibility criteria.
- Scanned copy of Last Audited Balance Sheet.
- If applied for Waiver under Section 39 for international filing, then Scanned copy of Official filing with Indian Patent office.
- If international application already filed, then Proof of PCT/Paris convention or direct international filing.
- If Applicant is an Employee or Member of Board of Directors, then it has to be substantiated by a scanned copy of the Documentary proof.
- Technical write up of Present Invention has to be given in *.pdf format filled as per the format. Download FORMAT OF TECHNICAL WRITE UP .
- Patent Search Report
- Scanned copy in*.pdf format of The Details for Transfer of e-Payments have to be duly filled up as per the format. Download FORMAT OF DETAILS FOR e-TRANSFER OF PAYMENTS.
- Scanned copy in *.pdf format of Declaration Form dully signed and sealed. (Download Declaration Form).
Any query regarding the scheme, can be sent to ipr[at]deity[dot]gov[dot]in